How many train stations are there in Bellinzona?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 November 2018 at 14:14:08 #818956

Hi all,

I am trying to booking a train ticket for 2 from Luzern to Venice S. Lucia via loco2…. however the first leg of the train journey I am unable to book… so will book separately on SBB traveling from Luzern to Bellinzona… But when I key in Bellinzona… seems like there is a couple of stations?

Just worried that we went to the wrong Bellinzona station and missed our connection train to Venice…

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 November 2018 at 17:06:47 #899134

Hi Keeptouch,

Every town just has one “main station”.

The main station in any town is just the town name by itself. In the Italian areas, you can also find the main station as “Bellinzona Stazione” and in the German areas as “Zurich Hauptbahnhof” as examples. But just searching for the town name alone works fine.

The other stations would be suburb train stations or bus/tram stops.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    15 November 2018 at 23:40:51 #899135

Hi Keeptouch –

Make sure to use the SBB website:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

As Lucas noted, use the simple name, “Bellinzona.” The multiple names are most likely bus stops.

To find station names for bus stops, suburban stops, etc, I have found this map to be useful:

map.search.ch/?pos=723068,117504&z=12 8&poi=bergbahn,haltest elle,zug

Once you use the menu under Points of Interest /Traffic to turn on station icons, as I did, they appear on the map.

Mouse over them, and the correct official name appears.

Slowpoke

Hudspith
    Participant
    71 posts
    16 November 2018 at 12:55:24 #899136

As slowpoke and Lucas have described there is only one station in Bellinzona – I stayed there during a couple of years ago and what a delightful little town.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 November 2018 at 13:26:05 #899137

Hi all,

Thank you all for your replies! I shall book my italy train ticket shortly!

• The thread ‘How many train stations are there in Bellinzona?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.