How many Swiss travel and family passes to buy?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 April 2018 at 1:16:15 #815297

Hello,

We are 3 adults and 2 kids(aged 12 & 15) staying in Interlaken for 6 days. We would appreciate if you could guide us in buying the Swiss travel pass n how many Swiss family passes should be purchased for our group?we are intrested in Glaciers express train,Mt.Titlis, lake Lucerne, Mt.Rigi, Jungfrau,Milan,oneoruisee trip near Interlaken,cable car trip near Interlaken, chocolate factory, and few more important places if we get time to explore.request you to please guide us as to which passes should we buy n how many?

Best Regards,

Snehal

be

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    13 April 2018 at 10:25:13 #882133

Hello Snehal and Welcome to MySwissALps,

You will need 3 Swiss Travel Passes and one free Swiss Family Card.

That assumes you have read “How to choose the best travel pass” and come to the conclusion that the Swiss Travel Pass is right for you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 April 2018 at 3:57:52 #882134

Thank you for the guidance and t his is an excellent site where we can get answers to all our doubts regarding sightseeing in Switzerland .we are based in Interlaken starting from 28th April to 4th May.Reaching in Interlaken on 28th morning.which nearby place can be visited on the same day along with kids aged 15 &12?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 April 2018 at 5:12:01 #882135

You could start here http://www.myswissalps.com/in terlaken/activities.

Harder Kulm might be a way of easing into it.

But you might want to read this thread . . . http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/gondolarail-access-to-mountains-in-aprilmay-2018.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 April 2018 at 17:39:03 #882136

Hi,

We tried to buy 3 Swiss rail passe s and 1 family pass for my kids aged 12 & 15 yrs. But faced a problem while buying family pass for my elder son who is born in november 2002. He just turned 15 in 2017. can’t see the option of 2002 in the date list.pls guide.how do we buy family pass for him?

Thanks,

Snehal

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 April 2018 at 20:36:58 #882137

Hi Snehal,

Which website are you using? The official Swiss Railways Shop (shop.swissrailways.com /swisspass.html) does’t ask for birth dates. Just number of kids 6 < 16. Tick the Family Card box for each child.

Arno
    15483 posts
    15 April 2018 at 20:51:21 #882138

Hi Snehal,

If you can’t select the date from the pop-up calendar then just ignore that calendar and enter the date into the box manually, like this: 15.11.2002, for example. On https://www.swissrailw ays.com/en it worked fine for me when I tried.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 April 2018 at 21:15:35 #882139

Hi Arno,

Just as a matter of interest do you get 1 SFC or 1 per child? If only 1, what happens if the family want to go separate ways on some occasion during a trip. I just like hypotheticals.

ps Still chuckling at your “don’t link and drive” response to Peterlii.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2018 at 1:22:06 #882140

Hello,

Thankyou so much.will try immediately and let you know .

Thanks,

Snehal

Arno
    15483 posts
    16 April 2018 at 4:53:55 #882141

Hi Rockoyster,

The physical Swiss Family Card had space to fill out 5 children. I’m not sure what the one via e-mail looks like. I would assume one per child to be flexible.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2018 at 0:36:07 #882142

Thanks everyone for you prompt replies n suggestions. We have booked our Swiss travel passes for three adults n two family passes for our kids aged 15 & 12 years.

Since we are based in Interlaken for all 6days starting from 28th April -4th May,have a few Q’s to ask

We are reaching Interlaken in the afternoon n plan to do trumelbach fall in the second half is is day. Can we also do a cycle city tour after that or should we plan it on some other day?

we are planning to do Lucerne Indian themed cruise ride followed by mount titlis or to take the Glacier exprees train ride from Brig to Zermatt on the same day. Another option what we thought was same cruise with mt titlis. What would be the better option? And also wanted to know if Lucerne Indian themed cruise is free with the Swiss travel pass.

How can we come back to Interlaken from Zermatt after taking the glacier express from Brig?

We are Very intrested in doing cycle trip city tour of intrelaken.pls guide us for the same.

Can schilthron and Bern’s chocolate n cheese factory be done on the same day?

How long will it take from interlaken to joungfraujoc?can we plan anything else on the same day?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2018 at 2:26:51 #882143

Sorry for my mistake.

We plan to take the Glacier express after Lucern boat/cruise rider from Andermatt to Brig n then Brig to Interlaken back home.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    24 April 2018 at 2:40:19 #882144

Including the Glacier Express in a round trip from Interlaken makes for a pretty long day even without a Lake Cruise thrown in. The only Indian-themed cruise I’m aware of is an Indian Dinner cruise.

Have you looked at the SBB Timetable to see how long this trip would take?

Have you tried googling “interlaken cycle hire”?

I would say Trummelbach Falls would fit better with Schilthorn trip rather than going to Bern that day. You are not getting confused with Chocolate and Cheese Factories at Broc and Gruyères are you?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2018 at 11:14:44 #882145

Ok.thankyou and yes I got confused with the chocolate n cheese factory.I thought both are in Bern.thankyou once again.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2018 at 18:52:46 #882146

Hi

Are there any cheese factories near interlaken /wilderswill/ lauterbrunen that can be visited?

Thanx

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2018 at 9:20:25 #882147

Hi Dreamtrip,

There’s no cheese or chocolate factory close to Interlaken, but you can visit the daily chocolate show in Hotel Schuch in Interlaken.

• The thread ‘How many Swiss travel and family passes to buy?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.