How much time is needed at Jungfraujoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 November 2011 at 22:08:34 #804759

Hi hi,
    I am planning 2 nights (6,7 Dec) at Grindelwald. I would like to go up “top of the Europe” from my accommodation in Grindelwald in the morning of 8 Dec (say 7am) and return for my luggage at the accommodation around 1 pm before proceeding to Lucerne. Will I have enough time at Jungfraujoch to do everything if i planned it this way? Thanks in advance.

regards

jo

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    3 November 2011 at 15:04:07 #834410

Hello jo, and welcome! Yes, you should manage to spend a few hours up at the Jungfraujoch before returning to Grindelwald. The trip Grindelwald-Jungfraujoch takes about 1h30. You could catch the earliest train at 7.17am and arrive at the Jungfraujoch at 8.52am. You should get back by 11 or 11.30am in order to return to Grindelwald in time. Specifics can be found in the Swiss timetable.

• The thread ‘How much time is needed at Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.