How to activate Swiss Travel Pass Flex travel days

• Maria_Ang
    Participant
    10 posts
    25 September 2022 at 16:11:54 #828429

Hai everyone,

For Swiss Travel Pass Flex, do I have to activate and deacticate it every day I want to use ?

If I want to use it on day 1 then 3,4,5,6 etc… on day 4 ,5 , 6, do I still need to activate it repeatly ?

Regards,

Maria

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6274 posts
    26 September 2022 at 4:04:36 #947360

Hi Maria,

If you purchase your Swiss Travel Pass Flex online and opted for email delivery, you will receive detail information about how to activate ypur pass.

You only need to activate the pass on your selected free-travel day. You can do this before or on the day of travel. There is no need for deactivation. You can find further details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpassflex/howtouse

Regards,

Anna

andrew
    Participant
    146 posts
    1 October 2022 at 15:57:35 #947361

We used a Flex pass for the first time this summer instead of our usual Swiss Travel Pass. We knew before starting our holiday exactly which days we would be using the pass so printed out those days. We had the pass on our phones just in case plans had to change: they didn’t as we had a regional pass for part of the time.

We were glad we had printed passes. On several occasions we saw people having trouble with passes on phones not loading or not being visible in the bright sunshine.

We folded our passes to a convenient size so that only the QR code was visible and this was perfectly acceptable except for a couple of occasions with the same ticket inspector on MS Bubenberg on lake Thun. He wanted the passes folded to show the names and dates although he didn’t ask to see passports.

I leave you to work out which part of a self printed pass would be easiest to forge!😇

Andrew

wardenche
    Participant
    7 posts
    2 October 2022 at 2:25:20 #947362

We were in Switzerland for 15 days in September and used the Swiss Travel Pass Flex– our trip was broken up by a week in Italy, so the Flex was our best choice. You do have to activate it separately for each travel day. Just follow the instructions they email to you- it is really easy. I activated at our hotels where I knew the wifi was the most dependable, either the night before or at breakfast. I also kept both of our passes in my apple wallet and never tried to send my husband’s pass to him, which worked out fine. We loved the ease and convenience of the STP combined with the SBB app, and felt like it was a great purchase. Just make sure you activate before you travel!

Maria_Ang
    Participant
    10 posts
    14 October 2022 at 15:38:42 #947363

Thank you everyone for the info…

• The thread ‘How to activate Swiss Travel Pass Flex travel days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.