How to arrange luggage transportation from UK

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2017 at 17:30:59 #811105

We shall be travelling in July from London Heathrow to Zurich and continuing to Wengen by train (or trains!). We are pretty nimble over 70’s but would be very pleased not to have to cope with our suitcases for the journey, particularly the train journey with the several changes needed to reach Wengen from Zurich Airport. I have looked at the SBB website but really cant work out what I need to do. I would be most grateful if you are able to answer the following queries.

1. Are we able to check in our luggage at Heathrow so that it can be collected at Wengen station?

2. To do this, will we need to fly Swiss rather than British Airways? We were in Wengen 2 years ago & arranged to send our luggage ahead for our return journey, but had to collect it at Zurich Airport as we were flying BA.

3. Therefore, we should like to be able to check in our luggage at Heathrow & collect it at Wengen station and on return, check our luggage in at Wengen station and collect it at Heathrow on our return home. Is this possible?

Fleurette

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    18 March 2017 at 7:54:30 #860178

Hi Fleurette,

1. That should be possible indeed. You’ll find basic information and links to more details (under “More on other websites”) on myswissalps.com/train/ practical/luggage.
    2. I don’t think so, but restrictions may apply on the way back. Please see 1.
  • The thread ‘How to arrange luggage transportation from UK’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.