How to book a Saver Day Pass for Switzerland

• Doc_Phil
    Participant
    22 posts
    18 March 2019 at 19:52:46 #820465

Hi Forum Members.

I would like to know how to book a Saver Day Pass ?

I will appreciate your help.

Many thanks.

Doc Phil

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    18 March 2019 at 20:21:12 #906868

Hello Doc,

See http://www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass and bit.ly/2rkekat. That should help.

Doc_Phil
    Participant
    22 posts
    19 March 2019 at 22:09:43 #906869

Dear Rockoyster.

I appreciate your quick response.

Many thanks.

Doc Phil

Doc_Phil
    Participant
    22 posts
    20 March 2019 at 7:39:14 #906870

Dear Rockoyster.

Do I need any additional tickets, except the Saver Day Pass, to make use of the Golden Pass train ?

Thank you for your answer !

Doc Phil

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    20 March 2019 at 8:42:50 #906871

Hi Doc,

I don’t know when you are travelling but it is normally recommended that you make a reservation between Zweisimmen and Montreux during peak tourist periods. If that doesn’t apply to you just hop on and go.

You can make reservations for the Golden Pass (http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass) including seat selection at bit.ly/2kaq6Rf. Click the “e” for English language top right of the page. (where it says “Sprachwahl: d i f e”). Then change the class of travel, date of travel and start/end points to suit.

Doc_Phil
    Participant
    22 posts
    20 March 2019 at 9:04:40 #906872

Dear Rockoyster.

I am traveling on the 19th of May from Geneva to Interlaken. I have bought the Saver Day Pass today, and I have previously made a reservation on the Golden Pass train for the leg between Montreux and Zweisimmen. Is it necessary to make a reservation for the leg between Zweisimmen and Interlaken as well ? I presume I don’t need any additional tickets for this specific trip ?

If I would like to take another route from Interlaken back to Geneva, which one would you recommend ? (and would that route be cheaper with a Saver Day Pass ?)

Your advice is much appreciated !

Thank you.

Doc Phil

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    20 March 2019 at 9:10:26 #906873

Hi Doc,

No need to make further reservations than the one you have.

The SBB Timetable (bit.ly/2HH1U7B) will show you the fastest way back to Geneva. If you do it the same day the Saver Day Pass is still valid. If another day double the price you see on the SBB timetable to see if the full fare is more than the SDP. Timetable shows half-fare by default. If you are not familiar with using the timetable it will pay to first read the instructions on this page – http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.

Doc_Phil
    Participant
    22 posts
    20 March 2019 at 9:14:22 #906874

Dear Rockoyster.

Many thanks for your help !

Kind regards.

Doc Phil

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    20 March 2019 at 9:19:46 #906875

Travel well Doc! 😎

Doc_Phil
    Participant
    22 posts
    20 March 2019 at 9:21:52 #906876

Thanks Rockoyster !

• The thread ‘How to book a Saver Day Pass for Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.