How to book Golden Pass VIP seats

• Pamela_soin
    Participant
    1 post
    9 September 2022 at 3:02:05 #828295

Hello,

it’s definitely within 10 days of the vip seats I would like to buy. The MOB website has been returning “no connections found” for my date (I tried immediately at 10 days, and again today). I also have tested other days and same results. Can I buy these ahead of time any other way?

thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    9 September 2022 at 9:26:47 #946611

Hi Pamela soin,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

The VIP seats on the Golden Pass trains are limited. Currently you can only book them online for weekend travel between Montreux and Zweisimmen. If you are unable to book the VIP seats online, you can enquire directly and purchase the VIP seats (subject to availability) at the station before your trip.

You can find further details here: https://www.myswissalps.com/goldenpass/tickets and journey.mob.ch/en/products/vip-seats

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 September 2022 at 9:51:21 #946612

Due to the ongoing modernisation and replacement of the carriages used on the MOB railway the VIP seats are not used on many trains at present. There are only 4 vehicles with the ‘observation’ front section, and they are not all available for service at any one time.

If you don’t get VIP seats there are many films available showing the ‘driver’s eye view’ on the MOB railway route, just do an internet search using the phrase: ‘drivers eye view MOB railway’

• The thread ‘How to book Golden Pass VIP seats’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.