How to cancel Swiss Travel Pass on short term

• SHANKY1987
    Participant
    14 posts
    30 October 2022 at 5:58:00 #828570

Dear Members

i need some urgent help with cancellation of Swiss Travel Pass-STP (consecutive 4 days) starting on 1st Nov,2022. Due to some reason i wont be able to make it to Switzerland and i need to cancel two STP of 4 days, purchased from Happy rail.

On happyrail i am able to see only bookings after login with my credentials. But can anyone guide me for cancellation procedure on happyrail website?

i have sent email to happy rail , but there reply was “Your message will be answered in 1-5 business days (Monday to Friday, Central European Timezone).” . i suppose tomorrow is the last day to cancel my STP.

Please reply asap, its urgent. I have attached the snapshot of booking page.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    30 October 2022 at 8:06:10 #948041

Hi SHANKY1987,

I’m sorry to hear you have to cancel your journey and your rail passes. I hope you’ll make it to Switzerland another time soon.

HappyRail is closed during the weekends. I expect them to get back to you tomorrow. See http://www.myswissalps.com/aboutus/partners/happyrail as well.

Cancellation procedures differ for each product. I recommend you carefully check all the information you received when ordering your passes. Details about when and how to cancel should be on your (digital) ticket or in the order confirmation. Does that provide the details you’re looking for?

SHANKY1987
    Participant
    14 posts
    30 October 2022 at 11:22:52 #948042

Yes its really sad that after 2 months of continuous planning , we had to cancel this trip. i had checked with cancellation policy on Happyrail , it says “No cancellation fee up to 1 day before departure”. So i suppose tomorrow will be the last date for cancellation..? or else we can still get some partial refund if Happyrail initiates cancellation on the day of journey .? Will try my best to contact them tomorrow only.

Just one more question – if i had booked through official SBB page then i suppose it would have been hassle free cancellations? for future reference.

In order confirmation i have just received the SBB CFF FFS ticket with QR code. There are no other conditions mentioned by Happyrail. infact there is no mention of HappyRail anywhere on the ticket, it looks like official SBB ticket only.

Also Happyrail charges some handling fees for cancellations which was not mentioned at the time of booking but got information from the official page.

i have attached cancellation terms of Happyrail.

Arno
    15483 posts
    30 October 2022 at 13:56:15 #948043

Hi SHANKY1987!

Did you check all options in your HappyRail account? It looks like cancellation should be possible there. If not, you should indeed wait until you hear from them tomorrow. Even if they respond later, I think things will be fine since you’ve submitted your request in time.

The Swiss Travel Pass is always the exact same product, no matter where you buy it. So yes, you’ll see ‘SBB’ mentioned on it, no matter which reseller you use.

HappyRail (and all other resellers) depend on the cancellation terms and conditions of the train company issueing a particular pass or ticket, which in this case is the SBB. As far as I know, HappyRail won’t charge anything if a Swiss Travel Pass is cancelled in time. But as in all webshops, you have to tick a box stating you’ve read the full terms and conditions before making the final purchase.

Cancellation terms wouldn’t have been more favorable if you’d bought the pass directly from the SBB. Both the domestic SBB website and their tourist webshop Switzerland Travel Centre allow cancellation up to 1 day before the start date of a Swiss Travel Pass, so no difference with HappyRail there.

I hope this clarifies some things. Keep us posted, and let’s hope you soon get to plan a new trip :-).

• The thread ‘How to cancel Swiss Travel Pass on short term’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.