How to cover the most of Switzerland in 6+ days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2019 at 9:57:04 #822349

We are 2 adults and 2 children less than 16 years. Wish to see the most and best of Swiss..and collect memories of different experiences. We reach Zurich airport on 12 July at 8:30 pm. And head to stay at Lucerne hotel for 4 nights. DO realise should have booked Interlaken for 2 nights and i am trying to change this. not sure if iam able to though. Hiking and excessive walking without stop can be difficult. Confused between glacier and bernina as unable to do both. Have decided to take Swiss FLexi for 8 days. Have drafted an itinerary below and seek expert validation on this. Request Inputs, suggestions and guidance to make a hassle free trip with minimum budgets…13 July , Lucerne sight seeing and cruise, ENgelberg, Mt. titlis. Is Weggis worth and possible…

14 July , Jungfrouch, Wengen, Griendelwald

15 July , Latterben, Interlaken, Harder Clump, Gstaad. Is Bern possible with this? Is this the best and suitable for me. Or should i instead move to another city.

16th July, Golden Pass (Interlaken to Montreax) and Laussane, Laussane to Zermatt (night stay)

17th July , Zermatt sight seeing to glacier express till Chur (or St. Moriz) to Zurich at night

18th, Half day sightseeing Zurich, off to paris

19-22 morning , Paris

22nd , 12 pm to 8 pm – Zurich sightseeing (Scaffelson, Rhine Falls). 1030 pm flight to India

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    19 June 2019 at 10:23:20 #915574

Hi Neeru and welcome to MySwissAlps,

That sounds alright but you might want to watch the names:

• Grienwald = Grindelwald
    • Latterben = Lauterbrunnen
    • Harder Clump = Harder Kulm
    • Laussanne = Lausanne

It will make checking the SBB Timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) much easier. 😉

On 16th I think I would drop Lausanne.

You won’t get much time at Zermatt with you plan. Arrive one night leave next morning. That’s a shame.

Just go to Chur.

You need reservations on the Glacier Express. Or you can take regular train on the same route.

It’s not clear where you are staying each night apart from Zermatt but I’d suggest you don’t move bases around too much.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2019 at 10:43:28 #915575

Thanks. I apologise for the names and understand the importance of spelling right!

HOw should i change this if i wish to spend minimum possible time in zermatt or laussane?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    19 June 2019 at 10:50:00 #915576

Well that’s a personal choice that only you can make. Personally I would drop the Glacier Express and go from Zermatt to Basel and catch the train to Paris there.

Shroffchetan
    Participant
    255 posts
    19 June 2019 at 14:43:32 #915577

Frankly I feel this is very rushed itinerary. So much travel

But it is your choice

• The thread ‘How to cover the most of Switzerland in 6+ days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.