How to do effective planning for 3 days in Zurich

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
kochumol
kochumol
2 posts
Mar 12, 2018 - 9:01 AM

Thank you for this wonderful forum. i would like to seek your help in planning for the Switzerland trip. My family (husband & two sons aged 16&12) travelling from Dubai to Europe from 20th April-29th April. Will be reaching Zurich on 26th April. Hotel accommodation is booked in Zurich only for 3 days. We would definitely like to visit Mt. Titlis& Jangfrau region. Kindly advise us for planning the itinerary. Whether we should go for rail passes ?. Our Europe itinerary includes Austria & Germany apart from Switzerland. 3 days each at every place. kindly advise for a cost & value effective itinerary.

Thank You

rockoyster
rockoyster
4069 posts
expert
Mar 12, 2018 - 9:20 AM in reply to kochumol

Hello kochumol,

Lucerne (www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne/activities) is a better base for a Swiss visit than Zurich. A lovely city with plenty to do and only 1 hour from Zurich Airport and easier access to Titlis and Jungfraujoch, but no matter.

Work your way through this “How to choose the best travel pass” (www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass).

And see www.myswissalps.com/ti tlis and www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Mar 12, 2018 - 12:05 PM in reply to kochumol

Hi kochumol, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Rockoyser has a valid point, Lucerne is a better base. If you would like to see how much time you will save when traveling from Lucerne to your activities, use the Swiss timetable: www.myswissalps.com/ti metable. You may want to look at the information on this page as well: How to plan your trip.

kochumol
kochumol
2 posts
Mar 13, 2018 - 1:22 PM in reply to rockoyster

Hello Rockyostar & Chantal,

Thank You for your response. Even though it is a great idea to stay in Lucerne, now it is late to change the hotel as it is already booked in Zurich for three days.So I am constrained to do the planning from Zurich only.

Laureng
Laureng
6 posts
Mar 13, 2018 - 6:51 PM

Hi kochumol,

Sounds like a fun trip! My husband and I just took our son through Zurich & Murren. I actually just wrote a blog post that has details on our travel (things to do/getting around/eating/etc.) -- may prove to be helpful to you!

www.thelush.us/traveli ng-to-switzerland-zurich-murren/

Have a wonderful time!

Lauren

rockoyster
rockoyster
4069 posts
expert
Mar 13, 2018 - 8:14 PM in reply to Laureng

Nice blog Lauren. You might want to post a link here www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/tripreports. I’m sure it would be greatly appreciated.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018