How to do effective planning for 3 days in Zurich

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
kochumol
kochumol
2 posts
Mar 12, 2018 - 9:01 AM

Thank you for this wonderful forum. i would like to seek your help in planning for the Switzerland trip. My family (husband & two sons aged 16&12) travelling from Dubai to Europe from 20th April-29th April. Will be reaching Zurich on 26th April. Hotel accommodation is booked in Zurich only for 3 days. We would definitely like to visit Mt. Titlis& Jangfrau region. Kindly advise us for planning the itinerary. Whether we should go for rail passes ?. Our Europe itinerary includes Austria & Germany apart from Switzerland. 3 days each at every place. kindly advise for a cost & value effective itinerary.

Thank You

rockoyster
rockoyster
4997 posts
expert
Mar 12, 2018 - 9:20 AM in reply to kochumol

Hello kochumol,

Lucerne (www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne/activities) is a better base for a Swiss visit than Zurich. A lovely city with plenty to do and only 1 hour from Zurich Airport and easier access to Titlis and Jungfraujoch, but no matter.

Work your way through this “How to choose the best travel pass” (www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass).

And see www.myswissalps.com/ti tlis and www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Mar 12, 2018 - 12:05 PM in reply to kochumol

Hi kochumol, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Rockoyser has a valid point, Lucerne is a better base. If you would like to see how much time you will save when traveling from Lucerne to your activities, use the Swiss timetable: www.myswissalps.com/ti metable. You may want to look at the information on this page as well: How to plan your trip.

kochumol
kochumol
2 posts
Mar 13, 2018 - 1:22 PM in reply to rockoyster

Hello Rockyostar & Chantal,

Thank You for your response. Even though it is a great idea to stay in Lucerne, now it is late to change the hotel as it is already booked in Zurich for three days.So I am constrained to do the planning from Zurich only.

Laureng
Laureng
6 posts
Mar 13, 2018 - 6:51 PM

Hi kochumol,

Sounds like a fun trip! My husband and I just took our son through Zurich & Murren. I actually just wrote a blog post that has details on our travel (things to do/getting around/eating/etc.) -- may prove to be helpful to you!

www.thelush.us/traveli ng-to-switzerland-zurich-murren/

Have a wonderful time!

Lauren

rockoyster
rockoyster
4997 posts
expert
Mar 13, 2018 - 8:14 PM in reply to Laureng

Nice blog Lauren. You might want to post a link here www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/tripreports. I’m sure it would be greatly appreciated.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019