Discount question for Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
airunis
airunis
2 posts
Jan 17, 2017 - 2:49 PM

Hi

I intend to buy the 3 days consecutive swiss rail pass for 6 days itinerary.

My brief itinerary will be as follow:

1 st day and 6th day just buy normal train ticket.

2nd day use the swiss rail pass.

3rd day use the swiss rail pass.

4th day use the swiss rail pass ( I will be staying 2 nights in Zermatt)

5th day Since I am in Zermatt, I plan to take the zermatt - gornergrat train and Matterhorn glacier paradise

Can I use my swiss rail pass to get the line reduction (50%) since the swiss rail pass has already been fully utilized the previous day.

What is the best way to get the line reduction (50%) for the zermatt - gornergrat train and Matterhorn glacier paradise?

Thank you

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Jan 17, 2017 - 4:56 PM in reply to airunis

Hi Airunis and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Unfortunately, you won't get the discounts from the Swiss Travel Pass for the Zermatt - Gornergrat train and Matterhorn glacier paradise on the 5th if you have already used it for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

You may want to do a price comparison and see if it is cheaper to use the pass on different days, such as the 3rd 4th and 5th? Take a look at our how to choose a Swiss rail pass page to help you with a spreadsheet or to look at other passes such as the Swiss Flex Pass.

Alternatively its isn't too much more to buy a longer Swiss Travel Pass - Perhaps the 4 day will be worth it for you. Even the 8 day, in the end, may be worth it for the extra discounts as well.

Be sure to take a look at this page on getting to the Glacier Express page, read the comments under the timetable section at the bottom and use the timetable to plan your trip. :)

Lucas

Last modified on Jan 17, 2017 - 7:17 PM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019