Discount question for Swiss Travel Pass

Discount question for Swiss Travel Pass

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
airunis
airunis
2 posts
Jan 17, 2017 - 2:49 PM

Hi

I intend to buy the 3 days consecutive swiss rail pass for 6 days itinerary.

My brief itinerary will be as follow:

1 st day and 6th day just buy normal train ticket.

2nd day use the swiss rail pass.

3rd day use the swiss rail pass.

4th day use the swiss rail pass ( I will be staying 2 nights in Zermatt)

5th day Since I am in Zermatt, I plan to take the zermatt - gornergrat train and Matterhorn glacier paradise

Can I use my swiss rail pass to get the line reduction (50%) since the swiss rail pass has already been fully utilized the previous day.

What is the best way to get the line reduction (50%) for the zermatt - gornergrat train and Matterhorn glacier paradise?

Thank you

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
Jan 17, 2017 - 4:56 PM in reply to airunis

Hi Airunis and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Unfortunately, you won't get the discounts from the Swiss Travel Pass for the Zermatt - Gornergrat train and Matterhorn glacier paradise on the 5th if you have already used it for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

You may want to do a price comparison and see if it is cheaper to use the pass on different days, such as the 3rd 4th and 5th? Take a look at our how to choose a Swiss rail pass page to help you with a spreadsheet or to look at other passes such as the Swiss Flex Pass.

Alternatively its isn't too much more to buy a longer Swiss Travel Pass - Perhaps the 4 day will be worth it for you. Even the 8 day, in the end, may be worth it for the extra discounts as well.

Be sure to take a look at this page on getting to the Glacier Express page, read the comments under the timetable section at the bottom and use the timetable to plan your trip. :)

Lucas

Last modified on Jan 17, 2017 - 7:17 PM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017