Me and my wife will be visiting interlaken on 11 & 12July.
Our trip Itinerary is as follows:
We will ride from Zurich by train and reach Interlaken by 11Am.
1. Funicular Ride upto Harderkulm and return
2. Strolling around Interlaken township.
1. Train from wilderswil to wengen
2. Cable car from wengen to mannlichen
3. Hike from mannlichen to Eigergletscher
4. Walk on the glacier,play with the ice in around Eigergletscher and take pictures.
5. Hike from Eigergletscher to kleine scheidegg.
6. Train from Kleine Scheidegg to Grindelwald
7. Explore grindelwald area
8. Train from grindelwald to wilderswill.
Basically I want to make a cost effective plan.My queries are:
a. Jungfrauch top trip is expensive. So We have not planned that. But we want to walk over white glacier,touch the ice with our hands. Is there any way to do that from Eigergletscher as we will go upto Eigergletscher? Or is there any short hike from Eigergletscher to enjoy this lifetime experience?
b. What is the cable car fare from Wengen to Mannlichen? The Mannlichen website is not functioning in my area.
c. Following my itinerary will it be wise to hike from Eigergletscher to Grindelwald?How long will be the distance then and will it be easy?
d. What is the lake thun cruise fare and how much time does it take to finish the cruise?
e. What is the cost of funicilar ride to harderkulm from interlaken OST?
Is there any interesting thing I missed out during my trip plan or you can suggest to do in between in a cost effective way.
Advanced thanks for the wise and experienced replies.We are looking forward to plan our trip with the help of these suggestions.