How to find maps on the new SBB.ch site

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2017 at 10:54:09 #811473

Hello. On the old set up on the SBB timetable, once you chose to/from and picked an option, there was a box at each destination/change so you could see either a map of the whole trip or a detailed connection between rail and bus…on the new SBB timetables I have not been able to find the maps…I miss the old site. Has anyone found the map feature in the new setup?

Thanks very much,

OhGeologist

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 April 2017 at 18:28:54 #861861

Hello OhGeologist,

Unfortunately the new timetable is less detailed than the previous one. The maps are gone I’m afraid. I hope they will bring them back in a future update. The detailed connection information is still there though. Just click the round icon with a plus sign on the right of a connection, and you’ll see where to change. Then again click on a plus icon of a particular train or bus to see all stops. Enter Bern to “Adelboden, Post” in the timetable for an example to try.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    20 April 2017 at 21:09:22 #861862

Maps are still available if you search timetable via fahrplan.sbb.ch/bin/qu ery.exe/en

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 April 2017 at 21:43:58 #861863

Interesting, they still kept the old timetable on that page!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2017 at 0:31:39 #861864

Thanks for the link rockoyster!

I accidentally found the old version when trying to navigate around the new one but couldn’t remember later where I had found it! I really do not like the new version as much as the old one so I am hoping the old one remains available by that link!

Maggie

• The thread ‘How to find maps on the new SBB.ch site’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.