How to get from Geneva airport to Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2010 at 23:33:28 #803780

Hi,

I am travelling with my wife and two kids (one is four and secondis two years old) to Geneva, will arrive at around 0230 at theairport on April 14. The flight timings is pretty awkward. I havealready reserved hotel Leoneck in Zurich from 14 till 16. We will beleaving for Frankfurt through train on April 16 in the afternoon.
    I have researched internet and found Swiss Flexi Pass as most suitable for our trip but I need to know that:

– Is there a need to purchase pass for children?
    – How to get from Geneva airport to Zurich (Leonhardstrasse1, 1. Rathaus-Hochschulen-Lindenhof-City)
    – Will we have to pay any further for the tickets from Geneva to Zurich if we have Swiss Flexi Pass.
    – The places we should visit in Zurich as its our first time in Switzerland.

Will be grateful for any help..

Regards
    Ahsan Ali Ahmad

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 April 2010 at 2:10:56 #831115

Hi Ahsan,

I guess your stay will be in May rather than April? As for your questions:

• Children of up to 15 years old do not need a pass. You can order along a Swiss Family Card (which is free), allowing your children to travel along for free on all trips.
    • Your train trip from Geneva to the main station of Zürich (called Zürich HB) can be planned with the online timetable. From there, Leonhardstrasse 1 is a 10 minute walk.
    • If you have a 3 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for 2 adults, you can use a free travel day on each day you’re in Switzerland. You don’t need any further tickets to travel from Geneva to Zürich.
    • There’s a lot to see in Zürich. You could do a boat trip on the lake, there are lots of museums, and lots of shopping opportunities. You can best explore http://www.zuerich.com. Also, some tips have been listed in this topic.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 April 2010 at 12:54:55 #831116

So Grateful

You are right the trip is in May. Your information is very helpful, I am just going to order the passes along with family card. Might need more help, for which I will get back to you.

Regards
    Ahsan Ali Ahmad
    edited by ahsanaliahmad on Apr 17, 2010[/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 April 2010 at 13:33:39 #831117

Hi,

I just purchased Swiss Flexi Pass for myself and my wife. Now once I am trying to reserve seat from Geneva Airport to Zurich HB on (https://www.sbb.ch/mct/wi/shop/b2c/logon.do); its asking for payments. How am I going to reserve the seats without paying any further.

Secondly from where I can get free family card along with our Swiss Flexi Pass.

Regards

Ahsan Ali

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 April 2010 at 14:31:39 #831118

Hello,

The Swiss Flexi Pass (or any other Swiss rail pass) does not include seat reservation fees. However, you don’t need to book seats for regular train trips such as Geneva-Zürich. You only have to reserve seats for panoramic trains (such as the Glacier Express).

A free Swiss Family Card can be obtained at any manned Swiss rail station if you show your Swiss Flexi Pass. The railway personnel may ask for your passports as well.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2010 at 0:58:37 #831119

Hi

Not only you have been very helpful, but also amazingly prompt in your replies. Bundle of thx.

Regards

Ahsan Ali

• The thread ‘How to get from Geneva airport to Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.