How to get on to the Golden Pass train from Spiez

How to get on to the Golden Pass train from Spiez

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Nimonika
Nimonika
9 posts
May 2, 2018 - 2:55 PM

For my travel next week, I am confused about which train to get on from Spiez so that I am on the Golden pass line. I am not sure, how to look for on the sbb website. I understand that there is a bit where I may have to change to a bus, but I would like to know on which side of the train should we sit to get the best views.

Thanks,

Monika

Lucas
Lucas
5589 posts
expert &
May 2, 2018 - 3:42 PM in reply to Nimonika

Hi Monika,

Spiez is on the Golden Pass route so you are set there. Are you going to Montreux or to Luzern as your end destination?I'm guessing to Montreux as that is the section for the bus service between Château-d’Oex and Montbovon on the Zweisimmen to Montreux leg.

Nimonika
Nimonika
9 posts
May 2, 2018 - 4:08 PM in reply to Lucas

Thanks!I am going to Montreux indeed, but what is the name/number of the train I should be looking for?

Lucas
Lucas
5589 posts
expert &
May 2, 2018 - 7:17 PM in reply to Nimonika

No specific number. Due to the construction you can't be guaranteed a panoramic train unfortunately.

Normally they are denoted as MOB Panoramic or Belle Epoque on the timetable - but now it will be luck to get one.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018