How to get on to the Golden Pass train from Spiez

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2018 at 14:55:46 #815680

For my travel next week, I am confused about which train to get on from Spiez so that I am on the Golden pass line. I am not sure, how to look for on the sbb website. I understand that there is a bit where I may have to change to a bus, but I would like to know on which side of the train should we sit to get the best views.

Thanks,

Monika

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2018 at 15:42:49 #883944

Hi Monika,

Spiez is on the Golden Pass route so you are set there. Are you going to Montreux or to Luzern as your end destination?I’m guessing to Montreux as that is the section for the bus service between Château-d’Oex and Montbovon on the Zweisimmen to Montreux leg.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2018 at 16:08:45 #883945

Thanks!I am going to Montreux indeed, but what is the name/number of the train I should be looking for?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2018 at 19:17:50 #883946

No specific number. Due to the construction you can’t be guaranteed a panoramic train unfortunately.

Normally they are denoted as MOB Panoramic or Belle Epoque on the timetable – but now it will be luck to get one.

• The thread ‘How to get on to the Golden Pass train from Spiez’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.