Interlaken from Geneva via Golden Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2018 at 15:13:05 #816859

I would like to travel from Geneve to Interlaken using the Swiss Travel Pass & taking the Golden Pass & have the following questions:

1) Do I need to take the SBB train from Geneve to Montreux in order to board the Golden Pass (from Montreal to Interlaken)?

1a) How long is this ride from Geneve to Montreal and do I need to change train for it?

1b) Is the station at Geneve (to Montrex) the same station as the one from Paris to Geneve?

1c) Is the station at Montrex (from Geneve) the same as the one for taking the Golden Pass (to Interlaken)?

2) For the ride on Golden Express from Montreux to Interlaken, do I need to change train at Zweisimmen or any other stations?

3) What is the arrival station at Interlaken on the Golden Pass (Harder Bahn or Ost)?

Thanks so much for helping me plan this trip!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2018 at 15:54:39 #889290

Hi Miamiali and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. You can take any train from Geneva to Montreux but you need to get to Montreux to board the panoramic train on the Golden Pass route. https://www.myswissalp s.com/goldenpass/getti ngthere
    2. You can check train schedules here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable – most trains are direct
    3. Yes. Cornavin station is the name of the main station in Geneva
    4. Yes
    5. At least in Zweisimmen yes. check schedules on the timetable. The trains to Zweisimmen can be panoramic. Look for MOB panoramic on the timetable. If that isn’t noted you are on a regional train (same scenery of course)
    6. Ost. The timetable will tell you that as well.

No problem! 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2018 at 0:33:49 #889291

Route is Paris – Geneva (platform 7 or 8) through the customs hall, then Geneva – Montreux is two train per hour (destination Brig), usually from Platform 4 or 6.

MOB railway is Montreux – Zweisimmen (narrow gauge)

Zweisimmen – Interlaken (direct train or change at Spiez depending on which train you are on.)

Interlaken has two main line railway stations, WEST is the twin station, OST is the terminus and junction station east of the town

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2018 at 4:07:49 #889292

Big thank you to Lucas and 1960man for the useful information!

• The thread ‘Interlaken from Geneva via Golden Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.