How to get to the Gelmer Funicular from Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 August 2019 at 19:17:08 #823185

Hi! How do I get to the Gelmer Funicular from the Interlaken Ost train station? I was thinking of leaving Interlaken ar 1 pm on August 9th (next Friday) to get there.

Which bus do we take once we get to Handegg, Gelmerbahn?

Is there a timetable we can see for the bus? I want to make sure we take the correct bus to the Gelmer Funicular.

Thank you!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 August 2019 at 23:31:51 #919146

Handegg Gelmerbahn is the bus stop at the Gelmerbahn – no other buses

13.00 is a bit late to leave Interlaken for that trip

http://www.fahrplanfelder.ch/ fileadmin/fap_pdf_fiel ds/2019/31.171.pdf

Annika
    7121 posts
    2 August 2019 at 6:17:51 #919147

Hi jekkadari! You’ll find connections to Handegg Gelmerbahn in the timetable at http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable. I woo would prefer to leave earlier than 1 pm.

By the way, I’ve made some changes to this thread. I moved it from the Miscellaneous forum to the Rail forum, as it’s about public transportation. I also noticed you asked another question about the Gelmer Funicular in a separate thread. To keep things clear and well-organised, I’ll copy and paste your other question and the answer provided below, as both threads are closely related. I’ll close the other one, so if you have more questions about the Gelmberbahn, you can continue here. Thanks for your understanding :-)!

Annika
    7121 posts
    2 August 2019 at 6:19:14 #919148

Here’s your question on buying tickets in advance:

Hi! My boyfriend and I want to go to the Gelmer Funicular next week (either August 9th or 10th). We want to buy our tickets online to make sure we get a spot to go, but it might rain.
    What happens if it rains? Will we not be able to go?
    Will we get a refund if it rains and can’t go?

And this is 1960man’s response:

Funicular railways don’t generally stop for rain.

Annika
    7121 posts
    2 August 2019 at 6:21:29 #919149

In addition: no, tickets bought in advance normally won’t be refunded. If you’re uncertain about the weather, you’d best decide if you want to make this trip shortly before leaving and then simply get your tickets at the valley station.

• The thread ‘How to get to the Gelmer Funicular from Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.