To Bachalpsee & Grosse Scheidegg from Grindelwald

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2019 at 12:45:19 #821558

Pretty much everywhere online, people have shared their experiences of going to Lake Bachalpsee from Grindelwald First. Is it possible to go to Bachalpsee from Grindelwald. Spend some time at the lake and then hike towards Grindelwald First? I want to go to Grosse Scheidegg after this. In the same day. I have limited time.

If i do follow what others do. Go to Grindelwald First first, then go to Bachalpsee and from Bachalpsee go to Grosee Scheidegg. Is this possible?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 May 2019 at 12:58:21 #912041

Hi Kamilhassaan,

You’ll find directions and maps here:

I would take the bus to Grosse Scheidegg, then walk to the Bachsee via First, then back to First to take the cable car down to Grindelwald. There is no quicker way that I know of.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2019 at 18:37:55 #912042

Hmmm. This seems like a very nice idea. And if I want to go to Meiringen from First? Can I find a cable car from First or do I have to go to Grindelwald and go to Meiringen via bus?

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 May 2019 at 20:08:53 #912043

In that case you could do it the other way around: end at Grosse Scheidegg and take a bus to Meiringen there. Please find all timings here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2019 at 22:03:31 #912044

Okay. So this is what I have planned.

1. From Grindelwald to Bussalp from via bus or transit. This takes around 30 minutes according to google maps.
    2. Hike from Bussalp to Feld.
    3. Hike from Feld to Hireleni.
    4. Hike from Hireleni to Bachalpsee.
    5. Hike from Bachalpsee to First
    6. Hike from First to Grosse Scheidegg
    7. From Grosse Scheidegg take a bus to Meiringen

I followed the map provided: http://www.grindelwaldbus.ch/ en/hiking-and-exursions for the route. According to this map, this hiking route takes 4 hours and 10 minutes. Don’t know if this is one sided or double sided.

If you have a better suggestion, I’m all ears.

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 May 2019 at 7:00:24 #912045

Sounds good, and a bit over 4 hours one way should be accurate. That’s without breaks, so basically most of the day will be needed. This is a summer route for mid June to mid October or so, always depending on the weather.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2019 at 12:33:23 #912046

What would be the fastest way to go to Meiringen from Grosse? Is it the Interlaken route or the Grosse Scheidegg mountain pass route? I personally want to travel via the Grosse Scheidegg mountain pass route. Roughly how much would it cost to go to Meiringen from Grosse from both of these routes?

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 May 2019 at 16:01:12 #912047

Hi Kamilhassaan,

If you end your hike at Grosse Scheidegg you’ll already be at the highest point of the pass. For travel times you can check the timetable I mentioned earlier. I don’t know the price, it might be available in the timetable also. If you have a Swiss Travel Pass, the bus will be free part of the route and discounted the other part. Please see the map: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity.

• The thread ‘To Bachalpsee & Grosse Scheidegg from Grindelwald’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.