Including Bernina & Glacier Express in itinerary

• Apzself
    Participant
    3 posts
    5 May 2018 at 5:45:46 #815734

Hi everyone.Firstly want to thank this forum for all the ideas and information given.Its really helpful for first time travelers.I have been Going through this for the past week and it helped me with a good itinery. Now the problem is I couldnt include both Bernia express and Glacial express in it so far and would like to do that.So here is the thing, me and my husband plan on a 8 day tour starting 10th sept 2018 to 17th sep.We arrive on 9th afternoon at Zurich (1 30pm). Our rough itinery is like this;

From zurich get to Luzern and atay for 3 days (12th) we plan to do

1.Mt Pilatus trip

2.Mt Titlis and cliff walk

3.Visit Bern

4.stroll through the town of luzern if possible the panoramic lake luzern cruise too.

From luzern we plan to travel to Interlaken by golden pass and stay Interlaken for 3 nights. Interlaken stay would include

1 A trip ro jungfrau

2.Boat trip on lake Breinz

3.exploring Lauterbrennen valley

4.exploring wengen- kleine scheidegg

We planned to get to zurich the day before our return ,that is 16th night and stay over night there.

On 17th would like to explore Rhine falls and zurich as much as possible before boarding flight in the evening.

So now i realise we have missed out on glacial express and bernia express..we are very keen to include that too and also a trio to CERN (a must do for my husband)

The itinery i gave above is just a rough sketch from all info gathered online.It would be really helpful if any of You could give us tips of dos and donts and to incoorpate the missing ones too..Any suggestions are welcome..we are open to any chnages.

ThankYou in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    5 May 2018 at 6:47:09 #884264

Hello Apzself and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

The Bernina Express (http://www.myswissalps.com/be rninaexpress) and the Glacier Express (http://www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress) will both consume a full day. If you want to do them both in full you are going to have to restructure your plans. You just can’t fit everything in an 8-day visit.

I did them both but I was in Switzerland for nearly 3 weeks.

If you go to Geneva for CERN the you could possibly look at Geneva to Zurich via Brig and Chur on the Glacier Express but it would be a long day.

Use the Swiss Train Timetable (goo.gl/PXbqWw) to plan your travel. If you are not familiar with the timetable it will pay to first read the instructions at bit.ly/2IwxrEV.

Apzself
    Participant
    3 posts
    5 May 2018 at 7:00:12 #884265

Thankyou so much for early response.Appreciate it.

I will look into the links u have mentioned and get back to clear any doubts

Thanka again

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2018 at 1:53:18 #884266

You would need to completely replan to include all those requirements.

As per Rockyoyster you can’t do everything in one trip (I’ve been visiting for 50 years and I still haven’t done ‘everything’ in Switzerland!)

Personally I would not try and do all the Lake Luzern stuff and all the Bernese Oberland stuff in one trip – leave something for next time!

Why not choose between Luzern area and Bernese Oberland area and stick to one of them.

A practical way to get to Geneva to do the CERN thing would be to get the direct main line service Luzern – Geneve

Apzself
    Participant
    3 posts
    12 May 2018 at 5:28:02 #884267

Thankyou for your advice.We are replanning the itinery as of now..appreciate all the ideas given.

Will get bavk to You guys with queries again.

Thankyou myswissapls

• The thread ‘Including Bernina & Glacier Express in itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.