How to jump quickly on the First Class Coach?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2014 at 4:02:29 #806442

We will take InterCity-Express (ICE370) from Interlaken to Basel SBB.
    • How do we know where the First Class Coach will stop?
    • Is there a slandered location on the platform where the first or second classes stop.

Thank you for your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    17 June 2014 at 4:11:30 #840231

Hi Ahmed502,

Information boards on the platform show in which section of the platform the 1st and 2nd class carriages can be found. It is explained here. The train will start its journey in Interlaken, so it usually pulls into the stations early. There’s plenty of time to find your carriage.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2014 at 12:40:56 #840232

Thank you so much Arno for the infor. This is very helpful.

I visited the linked webpage and find very useful information.

I capture for example: “There are some trains that split during their journey: they stop at a station along the way and split in two sections: one section continues to one town, the other to another town. So you should be seated in the right section.”

I assume this is not very common situation, but we still need to be careful.

Arno
    15471 posts
    17 June 2014 at 17:48:14 #840233

It’s indeed not common and I am quite sure it doesn’t apply to the ICE (I’ve never seen it). An example of this is the train from Interlaken Ost to Grindelwald: another part of the same train goes to Lauterbrunnen. It is announced through the station loudspeakers, the train intercom, and on the displays on the outside of the train. So it’s hard to miss 🙂

andrew
    Participant
    146 posts
    18 June 2014 at 12:30:55 #840234

Hi Ahmed, The notices which show you the train layout are on the platforms and are blue. Note that each notice normally gives diagrams only for trains due in at the platform where the notice is placed so find the right platform first. Andrew

• The thread ‘How to jump quickly on the First Class Coach?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.