How to leave luggage at the station

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 November 2016 at 20:04:56 #810352

Hi Folks

Hope you can help

1. i have looked on the SBB website with regard to leaving luggage at the station but cant find any info

2. I wish to do the stage 22 of the Alpine Panorama Trail from Jaun–Gruyères however I cant work out how to get to Jaun as it doesn’t come up in the list of train stations I am assuming that it is a bus some of the way. Could anyone please advise many thanks. Also has anyone walked this at all and could tell me exactly where the start of this walk is in the village

Many thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15479 posts
    15 November 2016 at 20:17:18 #857081

Hi twiggy321,

1. You’ll find details and links to more information here: myswissalps.com/train/ practical/luggage.

2. Jaun is tiny. There is no train station, and just one bus stop called “Jaun, Dorf”. If you fill that out in the timetable it will provide details on how to get there. I don’t think I’ve been there but finding trail should be easy as the yellow hiking signs are usually close to bus stops and train stations.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 November 2016 at 18:16:12 #857082

thank you for you reply

I have read the info on luggage but was trying to find out exact locker sizes and roughly how much they would charge for each locker in the station

Arno
    15479 posts
    16 November 2016 at 18:48:37 #857083

You’re welcome! The page I referred to offers several links under “More on other websites”. The second link gets you to all the station information. Locker sizes and prices are different for each station but count on around CHF 7 to rent a large locker (44 x 61 x 88 cm) for 24 hours.

• The thread ‘How to leave luggage at the station’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.