How to locate train at Visp terminal

• pepino
    Participant
    6 posts
    4 May 2018 at 12:01:48 #815718

I have been looking at the interactive terminal map and it is somewhat confusing to me. I will be taking the train from geneva and arriving at Visp at gate 6 .Then I need to board the train to zarmett at gate 3.If I understand the interactive map correctly ,I get off the train at gate 6 and then descend stairs to an underpass and then look for signs leading to gate 3. When I find the stairs to gate 3 I ascend the stairs to yhe train and then board. Also if this is correct will there be a problem with dragging along luggage ?

thank you

pepino

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2018 at 19:31:00 #884137

HI Pepino,

You are correct – it should only take you a few minutes with luggage. If there isn’t a ramp there will be an elevator if you luggage is very heavy.

The word gate isn’t used here. Normally it is platform in English or Gleis (German for track).

pepino
    Participant
    6 posts
    5 May 2018 at 1:35:18 #884138

Lucas,

Kudos to you and to other folks who support this forum. Your response to my query was incredibly fast. Your dedication to helping prople with their questions is excellent. I can’ t think of any web page that comes close to providing information and support as you do as well as My Swiss Alps.

thank You for your support

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2018 at 4:17:09 #884139

Happy to help!

Let us know if you have more questions!

• The thread ‘How to locate train at Visp terminal’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.