How to make 2 days itenary for Interlaken in July

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2016 at 4:30:31 #808551

HI

We are 3 families visiting Interlaken from 31st july to0 2nd august. we need advice for 2 days itenary and need some clarifications and advice on this.

Reaching Interlaken on 31st july at 01:00 PM from zurich and leaving Interlaken on 02nd august at 10:00 AM in morning. Our itenary is like below:

Day 1: ( 31st july) : check into hotel at 01:30 pm near Interlaken west railway station. I like to explore lauterbrunnen area on that day. From Interlaken, we will go to lauterbrunnen by train, from there via murrenbahn cable car to murren and while coming back like to visit trummelbach falls. we will come down via schilthornbahn cable car to stetchelberg station and from there to trummelbach falls and finnaly back to Interlaken. Is it possible to visit all these places if we start at 02:00PM. Or, we have to restrict ourselves to Lauterbrunnen and trummelbach falls only without visiting murren . please suggest. Can we have boat ride in lake thun in the evening on the same day.

Day 2: we are going to jungfraujoch through a guided tour of viator. it will consume whole day I suppose. If I not opt for a guided tour to jungfraujoch, how can I visit jungfraujoch on our own and how to explore jungfraujoch in the best possible way and how much time it will require. what are the places we need to go. Can we have boat ride on thun on this evening if we cannot make it on the first day?

Please advice to make a perfect itenary. we will have a swiss travel pass with us.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    6 March 2016 at 7:49:11 #849098

Hi shirshendu1,

I think your itinerary is nearly perfect already. On day 1 I’d recommend to visit the Trümmelbach Falls first as they close at 6 PM. Then go up to Murren and back to Lauterbrunnen and Interlaken.

There aren’t a lot of boats in the evening. You can check the schedule yourself through the link under “More on other websites” on myswissalps.com/ boatlakethun. There are dinner cruises but they depart pretty early so it depends on your tour schedule whether you can make it. Please see bls.ch/e/schifffahrt/g astronomie-kulinarische-fahrten.php.

All about the Swiss Travel Pass is here: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 March 2016 at 4:00:42 #849099

Thanks for your response and got a nice feed back about trummelbach falls visit.

I have some more doubts. please clarify.

As per your guidance, we will first visit Trummelbach falls. Then we will proceed for murren. how much approx. time it will take to complete trummelbach falls visit if we start from Interlaken at 02:00 pm in the afternoon to have an rough idea. What time we should start from Lauterbrunnen to murren so that we can visit murren and then come back to Interlaken safely in the evening. I mean how much it should take to complete the entire trip that from Interlaken to lauterbrunnen – trummelbach – murren and back to Interlaken if we start at 02:00 pm. is it doable ??

So boat ride is ruled out in the evening. I think we can have a boat ride on 02nd august morning before proceeding to Lucerne. what time it starts in the morning and how much time it will consume. if we take a morning boat ride what time we can start for the Lucerne the earliest. we will visit mount titlis on 03rd august from Lucerne. so anything else can we visit in Lucerne if we reach Lucerne on 02nd august at around 02:00 pm. is it worth to take a boat ride in thun lake on 02nd august morning or we can proceed without boat ride in thun and go for a evening boat ride in Lucerne lake by reaching Lucerne early on 02nd august. since we have shortage of time, we donot understand which one we should drop and which one should see.

Please elaborate about the jungfraujoch trip if we do it on our own. please guide us what time we should start in the morning and how to go and what are the places we must visit and how much time it will consume.

Arno
    15471 posts
    7 March 2016 at 17:47:40 #849100

You’re most welcome shirshendu1! I would estimate to allocate about an hour for the Trümmelbach Falls. Please see the timetable for the time it takes to get there. Afterwards you can take a 30 minute walk to Stechelberg to catch the cable car up to Mürren. Or you can take a bus.

For the boat timetable I refer to my previous post. For the Lucerne boats, please see myswissalps.com/ boatlakelucerne. All these boat rides are pretty nice. I would say to just take the one that fits your itinerary.

All you need to know about Jungfraujoch is here: myswissalps.com/ jungfraujoch. Please check that first and get back to us if any questions remain.

I hope this was useful!

• The thread ‘How to make 2 days itenary for Interlaken in July’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.