How to max out Lauterbrunnen and Lucerne trip?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2017 at 11:24:03 #811803

Dear fellow wanderlust travelers,

we we will be at Lauterbrunnen for 2 days n Lucerne for 2 days next week. We are having difficulty figuring out which will be a suitable rail pass to purchase. We wish to visit Stubbach falls n visit the main ridges within wengen n grimerwald. Then the rail to Lucerne? After that at Lucerne we wish to visit Mt Pilatus n Titlis. And the last train ride to Zurich. Appreciate your kind advice for a noob like me. Thanks in advance. We are Malaysians traveling to Europe for our anniversary and I would hate to disappoint my wife.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2017 at 14:13:50 #863238

Hey vohkster!

I’m not a Swiss travel expert. But based on my research you should opt for the 4 day Bernese Oberland pass. It covers all your places except for Zurich. But utpo Lucerne would be free anyway, so tickets from Lucerne to Zurich won’t be that expensive.

http://www.myswissalps.com/re gionalpassberneseoberl and/validity

Check out this link and download the map there to see the validity area of the Bernese Oberland pass.

Hope this helps!

Arno
    15471 posts
    13 May 2017 at 15:02:37 #863239

Hi vohkster,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The above pass is a good option. If you want to compare several passes, please see here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2017 at 3:35:50 #863240

Thanks Arno and Jayy,

I will do the math and perhaps take your suggestion. One last thing, if I travel up by train from Como to Lauterbrunnen, I am not able to use any pass right?

Arno
    15471 posts
    14 May 2017 at 10:12:32 #863241

Well, there’s a pass for everything 🙂 Whether it makes sense to have a pass for all of your trips is a different matter. You may want to just buy a regular ticket for that leg, or a ticket until the point where the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland kicks in. If you would have a Swiss Travel Pass, nearly the whole route would be covered (see the map) and you would only need a very cheap additional ticket.

• The thread ‘How to max out Lauterbrunnen and Lucerne trip?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.