How to obtain a Swiss Family Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 April 2017 at 16:51:01 #811332

We just purchased a Swiss Travel Pass for 2 adults, and a 16-26 year old. Our understanding is that we can obtain a free Swiss travel Card to cover our 15 year old. Despite the information on this Travel Card as being available for free when a Travel Pass is purchased, the websites keep looping me around and I cannot find a site-link at which I can actually obtain such a Travel Card. Would be grateful for assistance in this matter. Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15479 posts
    9 April 2017 at 18:16:00 #861178

Hi Naava,

Most websites offering the Swiss Travel Pass online also offer the free Swiss Family Card. The SBB webshop for example, shows the option as soon as you add children to your list of passengers. If you failed to get the card you can still contact them, or you can wait until you’re in Switzerland and get one from any staffed train station upon showing your pass and passports. I’d recommend to try and arrange for it online so you don’t have to spend time on this locally.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2017 at 21:34:48 #861179

Hi there

When you purchased the swiss pass the option of family card must be there . Kindly contact Swiss rail pass company and obtain info from them.

https://www.swiss-pass.ch/

See the link above .

Arno
    15479 posts
    12 April 2017 at 19:58:34 #861180

Note that the official SBB webshop for tourist passes is http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. Other trusted websites are listed here.

• The thread ‘How to obtain a Swiss Family Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.