How to obtain a Swiss Family Card

How to obtain a Swiss Family Card

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Naava
Naava
4 posts
Apr 9, 2017 - 4:51 PM

We just purchased a Swiss Travel Pass for 2 adults, and a 16-26 year old. Our understanding is that we can obtain a free Swiss travel Card to cover our 15 year old. Despite the information on this Travel Card as being available for free when a Travel Pass is purchased, the websites keep looping me around and I cannot find a site-link at which I can actually obtain such a Travel Card. Would be grateful for assistance in this matter. Thanks!

Arno
Arno
10756 posts
expert &
Apr 9, 2017 - 6:16 PM in reply to Naava

Hi Naava,

Most websites offering the Swiss Travel Pass online also offer the free Swiss Family Card. The SBB webshop for example, shows the option as soon as you add children to your list of passengers. If you failed to get the card you can still contact them, or you can wait until you're in Switzerland and get one from any staffed train station upon showing your pass and passports. I'd recommend to try and arrange for it online so you don't have to spend time on this locally.

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 11:42 AM by Arno
azaib
azaib
17 posts
Apr 11, 2017 - 9:34 PM

Hi there

When you purchased the swiss pass the option of family card must be there . Kindly contact Swiss rail pass company and obtain info from them.

https://www.swiss-pass.ch/

See the link above .

Arno
Arno
10756 posts
expert &
Apr 12, 2017 - 7:58 PM

Note that the official SBB webshop for tourist passes is www.swissrailways.com/ en. Other trusted websites are listed here.

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 11:42 AM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018