I will be spending 7 days in Switzerland June this year, and would like to seek your advice on the planning. There is a lot of information available, and it is too rich to digest. Currently, we have plan the following. Could you all please review and provide feedbacks / suggestions? Many thanks in advance!
Tentative plan is as follows:
Arrival in Zurich : Evening Friday 23 June
Depart from Zurich : Sat early morning 1st July
Total : 7 days in Switzerland (Sat - Fri)
"Bernese Oberland : 3 days
- stay Gimmewald
- 1 day Gimmewald, Murren town tour
- 1 day Jungfraujoch trip, Jungfraujoch round trip train, sledging, alpine hike from Mannlichen-Kleine Scheidegg (recommend by Rick Steve) -> is this feasible?
- 1 day for interlaken town and free & easy " -> any suggestions is most welcome!
"Zermatt : plan to spend 2 days, 2 night
- to cover 2 hiking trails (5-seenweg, matterhorn glacier trails), Gornergrat, Matterhorn Glacier Paradise"
"Montreux : 1 day tour (possible to make it day tour?)
- morning travel from Zermatt, night stay at Luzern?
- Chateau de Chillon (not sure how long to spend)
- Chocolate train (visit chocolate factory, cheese factory and Gruyeres town)
- take golden pass train from Montreux to Luzern
Last day station in Luzern/Bern - any recommendations for activities before heading back to Zurich?
Many thanks once again! Please feel free to provide any feedbacks or suggestions!