How to plan 7 days in Switzerland late June

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 March 2017 at 10:59:01 #811052

Dear all,

I will be spending 7 days in Switzerland June this year, and would like to seek your advice on the planning. There is a lot of information available, and it is too rich to digest. Currently, we have plan the following. Could you all please review and provide feedbacks / suggestions? Many thanks in advance!

Tentative plan is as follows:

Arrival in Zurich : Evening Friday 23 June

Depart from Zurich : Sat early morning 1st July

Total : 7 days in Switzerland (Sat – Fri)

“Bernese Oberland : 3 days

– stay Gimmewald

– 1 day Gimmewald, Murren town tour

– 1 day Jungfraujoch trip, Jungfraujoch round trip train, sledging, alpine hike from Mannlichen-Kleine Scheidegg (recommend by Rick Steve) -> is this feasible?

– 1 day for interlaken town and free & easy ” -> any suggestions is most welcome!

“Zermatt : plan to spend 2 days, 2 night

– to cover 2 hiking trails (5-seenweg, matterhorn glacier trails), Gornergrat, Matterhorn Glacier Paradise”

“Montreux : 1 day tour (possible to make it day tour?)

– morning travel from Zermatt, night stay at Luzern?

– Chateau de Chillon (not sure how long to spend)

– Chocolate train (visit chocolate factory, cheese factory and Gruyeres town)

– take golden pass train from Montreux to Luzern

Last day station in Luzern/Bern – any recommendations for activities before heading back to Zurich?

Many thanks once again! Please feel free to provide any feedbacks or suggestions!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 March 2017 at 17:39:09 #860014

Hi LivOne and welcome to MySwissAlps!

This looks like a good itinerary! I just have a couple comments:

• Here is information on Interlaken, and what to do in the area for you to read up on. I think exploring Lake Brienz or Thun would be a nice idea.
    • After Zermatt I would go to Montreux for 2 nights first (explore the town, chocolate train, cheese factory and Chateau) and then take the Golden Pass to Luzern for a night, ending the trip there before going back to Zurich.
    • Here are some ideas on what to do around Luzern or Bern as well. There are lots of mountain attractions to check out near Luzern, and Bern makes for a nice city to spend the afternoon wandering around!

I hope that helps, if you have further questions do let me know!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 March 2017 at 22:41:03 #860015

Hi Lucas,

thanks for the recommendation.

i only left 2 days after zermatt, thats why was thinking to spend 1 day tour in montreux and travel to lucern which is nearer to zurich airport. I would love to spend one more night but afraid that i couldnt catch the flight in time in the early morning.

how u think if the 1 day tour is feasible to do all the thing i wanted? Castle, factories and golden pass train?

thank you again

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2017 at 8:53:27 #860016

Hi LivOne,

Yes, you could do that in one day – just a bit of a long day! The Golden Pass train would then be an evening departure from Montreux – be sure to check the schedule to see that latest train from Montreux to Luzern (not all trains on this route are the panoramic train – it will indicate if it is on the schedule.

If you don’t have an early flight from Zurich and nothing specific planned in Luzern that you want to see or do you could stay in Montreux and train to Zurich or the airport from there (about 3 hours).

Lucas

• The thread ‘How to plan 7 days in Switzerland late June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.