Planning 8 days honeymoon Switzerland in August

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2019 at 8:24:03 #822684

Hi,

I am planning a 8 day Honeymoon trip with my husband in Switzerland during last week of August 2019. I have booked my stay as 5 nights in Wilderswil near Interlaken and 3 nights in Lucerne. I have browsed enough websites and made a rough itinerary, I need an opinion if this sounds too much to cover and I should be dropping few things. My rough itinerary is to

Day 1: Arrive Zurich airport early morning at 6:45 am and travel to Wilderswil, check in at my stay place and visit Harder Kulm in evening for sunset

Day 2: Take boat cruise from Interlaken Ost to Lake Thun, there onwards travel to Bern for half day

Day 3: Day trip to Jungfrau

Day 4: Day trip to to Montreax through Golden rail pass

Day 5: Day trip to Zermatt – I am considering ‘5 lakes’ hiking on this day, have read its 4-4.5 hrs medium level trek (will it to be too much on a 8 day packed itinerary?)

Day 6: Leave for Lucerne, check in at hotel and roam the city

Day 7: Day trip to Zurich for Rhine falls

Day 8: Visit Mt Pilatus to celebrate my husband’s birthday on August 31st

Day 9 early morning we depart from Zurich back to Mumbai

I couldn’t add Lauterbrunnen which I have heard is a beautiful countryside. I know I cannot cover everything in one trip, but i wish to do the best ones as it is a special trip with my husband. Your help with perfecting my itinerary would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Naziya

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    6 July 2019 at 10:36:27 #917048

Hello Naziya, and welcome to MySwissAlps! How wonderful that you’ll be spending your honeymoon in Switzerland. Wilderswil and Lucerne are great locations.

Your itinerary looks mostly fine. I’ll add some thoughts and tips:

Shroffchetan
    Participant
    255 posts
    7 July 2019 at 2:54:12 #917049

You have drafted a nice itinerary relaxed one. In case of Zermatt pl check if you complete the trek. One option can be Gornergrat. The view is incredible and it was not crowded when we visited. My 13 year son and wife loved this place. In case of Lauterbrunnen visit pl start early for Jungfraujoch and finish by noon and then visit Lauterbrunnen. You should have enough time

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2019 at 5:35:53 #917050

Hi Annika,

Thanks for your prompt response!

1.Yes, we are indeed buying 8 days Swiss travel pass.

2. Thanks for encouraging to add Lauterbrunnen post Jungfraujoch. I had thought of it earlier but dropped it thinking it will be too much to do. Will definitely consider it now 🙂

3. 5 Lakes trek as shown by several websites will take 2.5 hrs. Even if I consider 3-4 hrs on slow pace, it shouldn’t be a bad idea. But, let me read more about the option that you have suggested.

4. Yes, we both wanna see the Rhine falls, for Lucerne, since it’s our base to stay and considering long day light during August, i feel we will get to roam in and around Lucerne too.

Thanks again

Naziya

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2019 at 10:16:49 #917051

Hi Shroffchetan,

Thanks for appreciating the itinerary, but the credit goes to several official websites of Swiss tourism that provided plenty information to plan this trip.

I am somehow too fascinated by 5 lakes trek and beauty of those lakes, but will definitely consider the suggestion given on Gornergrat.

Thanks

Naziya

• The thread ‘Planning 8 days honeymoon Switzerland in August’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.