How to plan Glacier & Golden trains in 5 days?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 October 2017 at 6:35:12 #870855

Hi Cws0206,

I’m not sure if you meant to post more details or if you are just wanting us to answer the question in your thread titile?

Could you give us more details about your itinerary so we could help you with adding the Glacier Express and Golden Pass trip to it?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 October 2017 at 10:39:19 #870856

Dear Lucas,

I am planning 5 days trip for Switzerland which able to cover the Glacier (8 hrs) & Golden tentatively by 22-26 Jan 2018.

Please refer below for my draft planning for your kindly advise of smoother trip & suitable swiss pass.

(Fro) Zurich – Celerina – St. Moritz – Zermatt – Grindelwald – Interlaken – Luzern – (To) Paris

Thank you very much.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 October 2017 at 16:42:24 #870857

Hi Cws0206 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

That itinerary will work for the Glacier Express route (St. Moritz to Zermatt). But the Golden Pass route runs between Luzern and Montreux (via Interlaken).

So from Interlaken to Luzern you will cover a small part of this route – this may be enough for you though.

If you want to do the entire route you should travel from Zermatt to Montreux and then on to Interlaken and Grindelwald. Then you can complete the route when going to Luzern before heading to Paris.

You can use the Swiss railways timetable here to plan out your routes and schedules with the trains.

You don’t have a lot of time to do these two train routes and visit the towns you mention.
    Perhaps ZurichSt. Moritz (1 night) – Zermatt (1 night) – MontreuxInterlaken (1 night) – Luzern (1 night).
    I’m not sure if that gives you enough time to do anything else you want to do though.

Lucas

• The thread ‘How to plan Glacier & Golden trains in 5 days?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.