How to purchase Swisspass online from India

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2017 at 17:07:38 #812086

I am travelling from India to Europe. I want to purchase Swisspass for my travel in Switzerland. I want the voucher for the pass to be received through email which I can exchange at Milan, from where I am going to Zurich. Is that possible?

I did not find any option on the official web site for obtaining the pass online / to my email address

can you please guide me

regards

Vijaykona

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    2 June 2017 at 17:57:31 #864349

Hi Vijaykona,

All Swiss Travel Pass purchase options are listed on myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price. It automatically displays the options for India if that is where you are currently located. You can change the country if needed.

The most “official” website is the tourist web shop of the SBB at http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass within 1-3 business days (no delivery fees). You can print it at home, or from your hotel, or anywhere else. You don’t need to exchange it. The print is your valid travel document.

You do not need a Swisspass, as that’s for Swiss residents only. As a tourist you need the Swiss Travel Pass.

Does this work for you?

• The thread ‘How to purchase Swisspass online from India’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.