How to reach Basel airport from Lauterbrunnen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2019 at 6:18:53 #822215

After finishing my trip in Switzerland, I’ll take my flight from Basel airport ( Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg airport, swiss sector) to my next destination in France. I’ll be staying in Lauterbrunnen. I checked SBB timetable to see the train times and routes. Please help me with the following questions:

1…What is the correct Basel airport name I should enter while purchasing ticket: Basel Euroairport or Basel euroairport, Verwaltung?

2…Assuming that it might be Basel Euroairport, Sbb website shows me this route: Take train from Lauterbrunnen to Basel SBB station ( with one change at Interlaken ost). Then from SBB station platform 10, walk 6 min to arrive at Platform B and then take bus to Euroairport. I would like to know,

is 6 min enough to walk along with luggage and reach platform B?

Where is the bus station at platform B? Where to store luggage on the bus?

As the bus will cross the Switzerland border to reach airport, do I have to take another ticket for that part of the journey which is across the border?

3…Just in case, we drive to Basel airport instead of taking train, do I keep extra time for morning traffic and toll roads? And is there any passport checks or other border security which might take some extra time? My flight is at 10:30 am and I intend to reach airport at 8:30 am

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    12 June 2019 at 9:42:01 #914908

You are overthinking it. 😉

Just follow the timetable instruction from Lauterbrunnen to Basel EuroAirport.

It will all be clearly sign-posted.

Arno
    15483 posts
    12 June 2019 at 14:32:22 #914909

I agree with Rockoyster. It’s an easy trip, and it won’t be easier with a car (probably harder at that time). Here’s some additional information: http://www.myswissalps.com/ai rports/basel.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2019 at 23:40:47 #914910

Use the destination Basel Euroairport

The bus from Basel SBB is a Basel City Transport local bus , route 50. Platform B is just a pavement (sidewalk) outside the front doors of Basel SBB main station concourse (there is the option of a map view if you are on the SBB web site booking the journey).

Once you arrive in Basel you should be fine, as the bus runs every 10 minutes or so

You do not cross the Swiss border. The airport is located in French Territory but the bus uses a security fenced ‘customs-free’ road through French land to get to the Swiss sector

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2019 at 0:04:44 #914911

1960man.

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. It helped a lot to understand it clearly

• The thread ‘How to reach Basel airport from Lauterbrunnen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.