How to reserve seats Golden Pass line ?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2018 at 20:00:17 #815567

We are planning to take Golden Pass Line from Interlaken to Lucerne and trying to reserve the seats using the tickets.goldenpass.ch website but it is not giving me any option to choose Swiss Travel Pass and charging 10 franks for each person. I thaught reservation on this train was free with STP. Please help! Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    27 April 2018 at 20:26:09 #883435

Reservation cost is over and above the ticket price which is free with the STP.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2018 at 22:16:07 #883436

Thank you for the reply. May I know if their is any difference in goldenpass and any other train on this route? We would like to reach Lucerne on time as we have to go to Titlis after leaving the luggage in the hotel. Should I make the reservation or take any train?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    27 April 2018 at 22:34:36 #883437

There is only one train between Interlaken and Lucerne. It is named the Luzern – Interlaken Express (http://www.zugreiseblog.de/wp -content/uploads/2017/0 6/golden-pass-luzern-interlaken.jpg), runs hourly and covers one leg of the so-called Golden Pass Line. Reservations are not normally required but if you want peace of mind to ensure you get a seat then it’s a small price to pay. On a recent thread someone noted there was only 1 seat left in 1st Class on 2 June. You never know when a large tour group may be travelling that route.

When are you travelling?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2018 at 23:00:40 #883438

We are traveling on July 8th morning. I’m going to book the reservation as July is peak season. Thanks a lot!

• The thread ‘How to reserve seats Golden Pass line ?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.