How to spend 3 days Lucerne & Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 August 2017 at 18:17:40 #813093

Hi All,

I will be visiting Switzerland next month. My arrival will be Friday 8 Am to Zurich & return journey Sunday 7 PM from Zurich.

I wanted to visit the following places Interlaken(Schilthorn,Grindelwald ,Lauterbrunnen ,Lake Thun boats) & Lucerne (Pilatus ,Titlis,BOAT -Lake Lucerne ) .

Also suggest me if any other places are worth to visit.

Please Advise me where Should I reserve my accommodation & how to cover the places easily I am travelling with my wife and 3 years old kid.

Thanks in Advance!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2017 at 5:49:10 #869032

Hi logintomani and welcome to MySwissAlps!

For your quick trip I might suggest staying your first two nights in Interlaken or nearby in Lauterbrunnen or Grindelwald. The town links here have information on what to do and where to stay as well.

Take a look at the weather forecast for Schilthorn and go up on Friday or Saturday depending on which has a better weather outlook. On the other day you can explore the villages as well as Lake Thun.

On Sunday morning I would head to Luzern to visit Mt. Titlis and Lake Luzern (or just the town of Luzern) before heading to the airport/train station in Zurich.

It’s a very busy three days but doable – be sure to use the Swiss railways timetable to plan out your trips on trains, boats and cable cars.

Are you planning on buying a rail pass for your trip? A 3 day Swiss Travel Pass would be a great option.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2017 at 10:43:30 #869033

Thank you for the response.

Is that possible to cover Pilatus & Titlis on sunday and travel to Zurich to catch the flight at 7 PM

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2017 at 11:15:53 #869034

Oh I wouldn’t try and do two mountains before a 7pm flight now. You’d want to be at the airport before 5pm or so.

You can use the timetable link in my above post to find schedules from Luzern to Mt. Pilatus and then to Mt. Titlis and then to the Zurich airport. It is doable I suppose (about 6 hours on a train or cable car total) plus time spent on each mountain but it would be way too hectic for me!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2017 at 13:15:34 #869035

Thank you Lucas.

I will go through the time table and plan accordingly.

IF I would be able to choose one location in Lucernce , Which one is recommended Mt.Pilatus or Mt.Titlis . Just need a suggestion I know it is based on personal opinion.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2017 at 16:05:51 #869036

Hi!

I think I would go with Mt. Pilatus. It has a very cool cogwheel train up and then a gondola down the other side for a nice round trip. Also, if you buy the Swiss Travel Pass for your trip it is free (Mt. Titlis is 50% off).

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 August 2017 at 13:28:56 #869037

Hello ,

I recommend you can cover 3 Major Cities in 3 Days – In three days travel from Lucerne via Interlaken to Zermatt.

Highlights:

1. Lucerne: Pilatus, Lake Lucerne, Old Town Lucerne
    2. Interlaken: Jungfraujoch, Schynige Platte, St. Beatus Caves
    3. Zermatt: Gornergrat, Alpine village Findeln, Klein-Matterhorn

If you are travelling by CAR , Then you have to take your car via Train from Interlaken to Zermatt.

If you want to Cover only Lucerne & Interlaken , you will have plenty of time to cover Mt. Titlis – Glacier Paradise in Lucerne Region .

In my opinion You should spend more time in LUCERNE , it has so much to do , you can even cover ZURICH with half day trip.

Regard’s & Hope you will enjoy your trip….

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 September 2017 at 7:32:39 #869038

Hello Sir,

Thank you very much for suggestions and guidance. I will explore on the option and plan my trip.

Regards,

Manikandan K

• The thread ‘How to spend 3 days Lucerne & Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.