How to spend a day at Mount Titlis from Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 July 2017 at 9:44:13 #812709

Hi All SwissAlps buddies,

My family of 5 (67,48,45,18,13) will be arriving in Lucerne this Thursday night. We have half fare cards. We want to spend Friday visiting Mount Titlis.I just want to know what is the best time to set out from Lucerne for the excursion and any suggestions of an itinerary would be much appreciated…like what to do, food etc…Many thanks in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 July 2017 at 18:22:08 #867262

Hi Plaks,

You can use the timetable here to plan your trip to Mt. Titlis. Give yourself about 1.5 hours each way from Luzern. Some popular routes for getting to Mt. Titlis are listed here.

If you aren’t sure what to do on Mt. Titlis (are you just going for the views?) there is a link to their website on our Mt. Titlis page linked above.

Cheers,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 July 2017 at 8:19:22 #867263

Hi Lucas’

Thanks very much for the info. However, I am still confused and have a few more questions and was wondering if you would be able to help me out.

I already purchased the Swiss half fare card for all of us.

No, we are not just going for the views. We want to ride the cable cars up to the summit, I mean all that is available and spend some time up there visiting the various attractions which are available. What do you suggest?

Tks

Plaks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 July 2017 at 12:05:32 #867264

Hi Plaks,

Yes, there is a fair bit to do at Mt. Titlis. I’m not sure what you would like to do however, but there is a list of activities that you can do on my links on the above post. Also visit the official Mt.Titlis website for more details and prices. It is easy to spend a day up at the top if you want to!

Cheers!
    Lucas

Travelbug53
    Participant
    64 posts
    25 July 2017 at 1:57:04 #867265

Hi plaks,

We were in Lucerne last week and spent one day in Titlis. We took the train from Lucerne to Engelberg, then the gondola and rotating cable car from Engelberg to Titlis. My adult children went toboganning (be prepared for a long line), we went on the Ice Flyer and spent time on the suspension bridge-the views are spectacular! We also walked up to the viewing platform. There are lots of restaurants and shops. You will have a wonderful day. Make sure you check the hourly weather. The Moderators of MySwissAlps recommended that I check this site. http://www.meteocentrale.ch/e n/weather.html

Don’t be discouraged if it shows rain. Check the hourly weather a couple of days before your trip because the weather changes from day to day. Good luck!

• The thread ‘How to spend a day at Mount Titlis from Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.