How to travel from Basel to Interlaken?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
gbhavyaraj
gbhavyaraj
1 post
Apr 1, 2017 - 9:48 AM

I am travelling from Basel to Interlaken with a 4 day Swiss travel pass. Do I have to reserve seats in the Euro cities or ICE trains? Can I travel without making a seat reservation. Similarly I will be travelling from Interlaken to Lucerne and then from Lucerne to Zurich. Do I need to make seat reservations if I already have a Swiss travel pass?

Arno
Arno
11342 posts
expert &
Apr 1, 2017 - 11:19 AM

Hi gbhavyaraj,

Seat reservations are very uncommon in Switzerland. You don't need them except for a few scenic trains which are not on your list. All you need is your Swiss Travel Pass, and show it when requested. How to buy the pass can be found here.

Enjoy your trips!

Brahms
Brahms
320 posts
top member
Apr 1, 2017 - 11:20 AM

Hello, no reservations on this trips necesery. You can travel with all trains, and sit everwhere.

Only you must look to the right class, first or second. Make a nice trip !

Greetings from the Netherlands, Brahms

bmillie
bmillie
2 posts
Apr 1, 2017 - 11:54 AM in reply to Brahms

So I am also traveling from Basle to Interlaken. Is the rail station close to the airport? Will just have hand luggage. Also I didn't realise there were different class carriages can you just confirm I must look for first or second. Thank you

Arno
Arno
11342 posts
expert &
Apr 1, 2017 - 1:08 PM in reply to bmillie

Hi bmillie,

Welcome to MySwissAlps. Here's the airport information you need: myswissalps.com/airpor ts/basel. Whether you need first or second class is up to you, and your budget ;-) Please see myswissalps.com/train/ practical/2nd1stclass.

Brahms
Brahms
320 posts
top member
Apr 1, 2017 - 3:26 PM

In trains with first and second class there is a "1" or "2" on each carriage. The second class is very good in European trains. The first class is very, very expensive but better..........

bmillie
bmillie
2 posts
Apr 1, 2017 - 5:16 PM

Excellent! Thank you both very much. I am now the proud owner of a Swiss Travel Pass which luckily could be delivered online and so in time :)

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018