Which snow mountain to visit from Basel and how

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 February 2019 at 2:03:04 #819914

Hi people,

I will be on a business trip to Basel and i will have 1 day additional to see around. I would like to go to the snowy mountain area. How do i travel?

I have time from 2pm till the next day 3pm. Please advise.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    13 February 2019 at 3:30:37 #904152

Hello DRDD and Welcome to MySwissAlps

You would travel by train (and probably cable car). Use the SBB Timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to plan your travel. If you are not familiar with using the timetable it will pay to first read the instructions on that page.

Did you have a particular snowy mountain area in mind or any one will do?

You’ll find many suggestions at http://www.myswissalps.com/ac tivities/naturalsites/ mountains. From Basel you would want to confine your options to the Jungfrau Region south of Interlaken (Jungfraujoch or Schilthorn) or the mountains close to Luzern (Pilatus or Titlis).

ps You posted this question on the Trip Reports forum. No doubt a friendly moderator will move it to the Railway or Miscellaneous forums to improve you chances of an answer. Otherwise you can repost it yourself to one of those fora.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 February 2019 at 3:59:54 #904153

Dear Rockoyster,

Thank you for the suggestions.And yes, i would love to go to Jungfrau.Let me check the SBB timetable on this . Thanks again.

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 February 2019 at 6:56:28 #904154

Hi Drdd,

Jungfraujoch is an excellent option all year round. One if the few snow options if your trip is in summer actually. If you have further questions, please let us know when this trip will be.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 February 2019 at 0:32:58 #904155

Quickest from Basel is the Interlaken area, as the Basel – Interlaken inter city train service is effectively a shuttle service – every hour throughout the day, and half hourly at some times of day. Journey time only 2 hours

• The thread ‘Which snow mountain to visit from Basel and how’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.