What type of travel pass for Bern to Jungfraujoch?

What type of travel pass for Bern to Jungfraujoch?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
AussieKym
AussieKym
1 post
Sep 19, 2017 - 1:20 PM

Hi guys,

I'm from Australia and I am currently trying to plan my first European trip for Jan/Feb 2018 and I want to go to Switzerland for a couple of days at the end of my journey. If I am looking at flying into Bern Airport, and staying in Interlaken for 3 nights, and making a day-trip up to Jungfraujoch on the Train to see the Swiss Alps from the highest point... What type of travel pass would I need to accomplish this? On the other days I might look around Interlaken or explore Bern all travelling via train. Also, would you be able to provide me with estimations for prices that it would cost me?

Thanks,

AussieKym :)

Arno
Arno
9659 posts
expert &
Sep 19, 2017 - 1:47 PM

Welcome to MySwissAlps AussieKym!

I would recommended the Swiss Half Fare Card: www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard. A 3- or 4-day Swiss Travel Pass will also work but you may not travel enough to justify the costs of that: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass. How to compare passes price wise is explained here: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass.

Interlaken is not much of a sightseeing destination. It is fine as a base in winter, but I'd suggest to spend your sightseeing time elsewhere in the Bernese Oberland. Bern is indeed very nice.

Does this get you started?

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017