What type of travel pass for Bern to Jungfraujoch?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Posts: 2
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
1 post
new member
Sep 19, 2017 - 1:20 PM

Hi guys,

I'm from Australia and I am currently trying to plan my first European trip for Jan/Feb 2018 and I want to go to Switzerland for a couple of days at the end of my journey. If I am looking at flying into Bern Airport, and staying in Interlaken for 3 nights, and making a day-trip up to Jungfraujoch on the Train to see the Swiss Alps from the highest point... What type of travel pass would I need to accomplish this? On the other days I might look around Interlaken or explore Bern all travelling via train. Also, would you be able to provide me with estimations for prices that it would cost me?


AussieKym :)

12095 posts
expert &
Sep 19, 2017 - 1:47 PM

Welcome to MySwissAlps AussieKym!

I would recommended the Swiss Half Fare Card: www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard. A 3- or 4-day Swiss Travel Pass will also work but you may not travel enough to justify the costs of that: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass. How to compare passes price wise is explained here: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass.

Interlaken is not much of a sightseeing destination. It is fine as a base in winter, but I'd suggest to spend your sightseeing time elsewhere in the Bernese Oberland. Bern is indeed very nice.

Does this get you started?

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019