How to travel Switzerland by train in 4 days

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2017 at 6:08:27 #865863

Hi moh, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

>> I am planning to come Switzerland via train from london what would the best way to get there

There are several routes. You can use the Swiss Timetable to plan your route from London to Switzerland:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

>> and does swiss pass allow us to use the international train?

No, you will need separate tickets for your trip from London to the Swiss border.

>> I saw on rail Europe a grand tour of Switzerland in 4 days.Would you recommend this?

No, I’m afraid wouldn’t. It’s far too rushed, even unrealistic, and involves long travel times every day. You can use the Swiss Timetable to check travel times yourself for that suggested itinerary.

For a 4-day trip, I would suggest you stay in one place only, either Luzern or in the Jungfrau Region (Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald, Wengen or Mürren).

>> Also how easy is it to find cheap hotels for a night on that tour or at the hotels included?

What they are selling on that page is just a Swiss Travel Pass. How easy it is to find cheap hotels depends on the time of year and how far ahead you book (and what you mean by “cheap”). When you have decided where you are going, this page can help with finding accommodation:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ac commodation

I hope this helps.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2017 at 9:21:21 #865864

Thank you that helps alot

Arno
    15484 posts
    27 June 2017 at 9:36:18 #865865

Hi Moh,

Such itineraries are basically meant to inspire I think. To fully enjoy it I’d recommend to stay at least 2 but preferably more nights in the towns along the route (in this case Montreux, Zermatt, St. Moritz and Lucerne).

This applies to the sample itineraries here as well. The more nights you can add the better your trip will be. Unless you’re a train enthusiast with little time. In that case there’s nothing wrong with sitting in panoramic trains for a few days.

• The thread ‘How to travel Switzerland by train in 4 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.