7 days trip by train from Zurich to Milan

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 December 2017 at 13:56:48 #813811

How to travel Switzerland in 7 days? I will arrive in Zurich then will off to Milan.

Cities I prefer are Interlaken, Jungfraujoch, Zermatt, St. Moritz, Engelberg, Mt. Titlis

How to from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 December 2017 at 21:02:57 #872833

Hi joanpuiming, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

You probably want to travel from Zurich to Lucerne. In Lucerne you can visit Mt. Titlis. Then continue to Interlaken where you can visit the Jungfraujoch. From Interlaken you go to Chur where you can hop on the Bernina Express which runs to Tirano (Italy). On the way you get off the train in St. Moritz. From Tirano you can catch a train to Milan.

Have a look at the 4 or 8 days Swiss Travel Pass. Trains, buses, boats and city transport are free. Cable cars, cogwheel trains and funiculars are discounted by 50%. Use the Swiss railways timetable here to plan out your trips.

Be sure to have a look at this webpage as well: plan your trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 December 2017 at 0:23:05 #872834

Hi Chantal,

My travel date is from 30/12-5/1.

I have booked a hotel in Engelberg on 3/1-4/1 which is my 2nd last day in Switzerland. The hotel cannot be cancelled.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    13 December 2017 at 3:07:39 #872835

Hi Joan(?),

If you are committed to travelling from Engelberg to Milan on 5 January then I would say your best alternative would be Lucerne to Lugano to Milan. I think any other route (via Domodossola or Bernina Express route via Tirano) would take too long. But then I don’t know how long a travel day you are prepared to tolerate. Use the timetable link that Chantal provided to work out travel times.

If you go Lucerne to Lugano via Göschenen then you will follow the route of the Gotthard Panorama Express rather than the faster Gotthard BaseTunnel route on which you will spend 57Km underground.

• The thread ‘7 days trip by train from Zurich to Milan’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.