How to travel to different places from Lucerne?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 January 2016 at 9:15:30 #808234

Hello,

Me and my husband are planning to visit Switzerland in September 2016. We are planning to stay in Lucerne for the entire trip and travel to other places from there. We wish to visit Interlaken, Berne, Zurich, rhine falls, Mt. Titlis, Mt. Jungfrau and Genewa. Will these places be a good option if we plan to stay in Lucerne. Also it will be a 7 day trip. Do we need to cut short some places?

We also plan to use public transport throughout the trip. I believe there is some pass which when we buy , the public transport becomes free for all modes of transportation. Also is september an ideal month to visit? Or are summer months June/July better?

Please help. Thanking you in anticipation.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 January 2016 at 13:25:30 #847497

Hi rshah1284,

Thanks for joining MySwissAlps. September is a wonderful month to visit. Mount Jungfrau (Jungfraujoch is the name of the place you’ll actually visit) and Geneva require a lot of traveling time. Single journeys take 4h15 (Jungfraujoch) and 3 hours (Geneva). Whether that’s worth it is up to you. There’s plenty to see much closer to Lucerne if you feel this is too much: myswissalps.com/ lucerne/activities.

The pass you mentioned is the Swiss Travel Pass: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 January 2016 at 13:30:53 #847498

Thank you Arno for your prompt reply. What about the other places which I mentioned apart from Genewa and Mt. Jungfrau? Will it be possible to visit the other places? Also if you could tell me the other places near Lucerne, that would be great 🙂

Thank you Arno 🙂

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 January 2016 at 13:38:13 #847499

You’re welcome! The other places are perfectly doable from Lucerne. Although Interlaken itself (the town), is not really worth a visit. It’s more like a practical hub, not a sightseeing destination. The surrounding region is wonderful though. For other places to visit please see the link I gave you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 January 2016 at 13:45:05 #847500

Thank you so much Arno. If I further need assistance, I would again contact you soon 🙂 Lastly will the Swiss pass you mentioned before work to travel to the places I want to visit?

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 January 2016 at 14:24:53 #847501

Hi rshah1284,

The Swiss Travel Pass (not Swiss Pass, that’s only for Swiss residents, see here) will work well for your trip. Please see here for what’s included.

Feel free to post back here if necessary.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 January 2016 at 14:26:06 #847502

Sure , thank you 🙂

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    6 January 2016 at 2:58:28 #847503

Also, if you use the time table or other services, watch the spelling of Geneva.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘How to travel to different places from Lucerne?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.