How to travel to Glacier 3000 from Interlaken

How to travel to Glacier 3000 from Interlaken

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
alexcherian
alexcherian
7 posts
Aug 6, 2017 - 1:54 PM

Dear Travellers / experts, please advice how to travel from interlaken OST to Glacier 3000 by using Swiss travel pass. ? Do need for advance booking ? Is there bus transport from interlaken to Glacier 3000?

Lucas
Lucas
7255 posts
expert &
Aug 6, 2017 - 5:12 PM in reply to alexcherian

Hi alexcherian and welcome to MySwissAlps!

No advance booking is required - the Swiss Travel Pass will cover your journey to the Glacier 3000.
You can use the timetable here to plan the trip on your preferred date. A train will take you as far as Gstaad (with changes in Spiez and Zweisimmen usually) and then a postauto to Col du Pillon.

From there activities on the mountain are an extra cost read more about the Glacier 3000 here: https://www.glacier300 0.ch/en

Lucas

alexcherian
alexcherian
7 posts
Aug 6, 2017 - 5:17 PM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas,

Great thanks for your response and it's clear.

alexcherian
alexcherian
7 posts
Aug 10, 2017 - 9:19 AM

Hi Lucas,

When i try to book individual tickets for activities in Glacier 3000 : https://www.glacier300 0.ch/en , i don't see an option to pay for tickets in the website.

1. Is there any other website do i need to use to pay for Glacier 3000 activities tickets ? Any offers for activities ?

2. Is there any provision to buy ticket while we were in Interlaken ?

Awaiting for your valuable advise.

Thanks,

Alex

Lucas
Lucas
7255 posts
expert &
Aug 10, 2017 - 4:16 PM in reply to alexcherian

Hi Alex,

You can't buy activity tickets online as far as I know - nor do you need to. You would just buy the activity tickets once you arrive at the Glacier 3000.

Lucas

alexcherian
alexcherian
7 posts
Aug 11, 2017 - 5:54 AM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for your reply. I found the Glacier 3000 pass can book through raileurope. Find attached. This ill courier me within next 12 working days. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Alex

Please login to see the attached documents
Lucas
Lucas
7255 posts
expert &
Aug 11, 2017 - 10:01 AM in reply to alexcherian

I would be surprised it it took 12 days. It is usually much quicker - is that what their website says for you? Perhaps it is a bit longer going to the UAE.

Lucas

alexcherian
alexcherian
7 posts
Aug 11, 2017 - 12:28 PM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas, yes the website says 12 working days.

Arno
Arno
10763 posts
expert &
Aug 12, 2017 - 11:27 AM

Indeed they sell it online for your region here: www.raileurope-gcc.com/pass/glacier-3000-8132, and the bus ride from Gstaad is included. Standard delivery takes 5 working days (you'll see they if you continue ordering, but before you actually pay). Or 2 days if you're willing to pick up the order in Deira, Dubai (no shipping fee in that case).

Last modified on Oct 27, 2017 - 4:05 PM by Arno
alexcherian
alexcherian
7 posts
Aug 12, 2017 - 5:15 PM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno,

Thanks and this is good info. Yesterday I got the message from DHL that the pass I ordered will deliver by tomorrow (13th)...seems less than 5 days only needed.

Arno
Arno
10763 posts
expert &
Aug 12, 2017 - 5:20 PM in reply to alexcherian

Yes, they quite often show a maximum delivery time, and then it's a pleasant surprise if it takes less time :-) Have a good trip!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018