How to travel with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2018 at 11:33:51 #815206

Hi,

I am planning to travel to Switzerland with my family (2 adults and one child 14 yrs) and planning to buy Swiss Travel Pass for 4 days.

Below are my plans:

28th Apr 2018:

• Mountain excursion from Interlaken OST to Schilthorn

• Boat Ride from Interlaken OST to Oberhofen Castle

Please guide me on how to travel above 2 places from Interlaken OST.

29th Apr 2018:

Day trip from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch

•Ride a cogwheel train from Grindelwald to Europe’s highest railway station at Jungfraujoch

•Walk through the inside of a glacier at the Ice Palace

Please guide me on how to travel with round trip details.

30th Apr 2018:

Mountain Titlis Tour from Lucern

1st May 2018:

Mountain Pilatus Tour from Lucern.

I am planning to take Cogwheel railway.

I have mention the dates, so that you can guide me if any service is not available for that specific date.

Please guide me if there are better ways to cover these places along with some additional places in 4 days. Please highlight the name of those additional places, which I can able to cover in my plan.

Also, if some parts of above journeys are not cover under Swiss Travel Pass, then please guide me how to buy those tickets with rough idea on cost for those tickets.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2018 at 16:07:07 #881510

Hi Bijaya and welcome to MySwissAlps!

April 28

• You can read about getting to Schilthorn here & find specific train schedules from any town to another town or mountain on the Swiss railways timetable here.
    • Boat cruises on Lake Thun are detailed here along with links to the schedules.

April 29

April 30

May 1

If you’d like further details on what to do around Interlaken and Lucerne you can check out these web pages: What to do in Lucerne & what to do in Interlaken. What you may want to add on your travel dates depends on how much time you are willing to travel and what your interests are.

You can read about what is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass here. To note, Schilthorn is free; Jungfraujoch is free from Interlaken to Grindelwald or Wengen and then the ticket further on is 25% off; Both Mt. Pilatus (from Alpnachstad or Kriens) & Mt. Titlis (from Engelberg) are 50% off (travel from Luzern to those towns are free).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 April 2018 at 3:17:43 #881511

>> 28th Apr 2018 … Boat Ride from Interlaken OST to Oberhofen Castle … Please guide me on how to travel above 2 places from Interlaken OST.

Oberhofen Castle is on the Thunersee (Lake Thun). Boats on the Thunersee leave from Interlaken West, so you would get a train or bus from Interlaken Ost to Interlaken West to board the boat.

The castle itself is closed until 12 May 2018 inclusive, but the park is open from 9am-7pm on 28 April.

>> 1st May 2018: Mountain Pilatus Tour from Lucern. I am planning to take Cogwheel railway.

The cogwheel railway closes during the winter, and reopens between the beginning and middle of May, depending on the weather. If it has not yet reopened on 1 May, you can go up and back on the cableway from Kriens.

To find out whether the cogwheel train from Alpnachstad to Pilatus Kulm is operating on 1 May, you can check this website:

http://www.pilatus.ch/en/nc/l ive/

I think there is a good chance the train will not be operating on 1 May this year, so I would be prepared to go both ways on the cableway from Kriens.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 April 2018 at 17:50:33 #881512

Thanks Alpenrose for detail information…

I will re-plan for my 28th apr journey as Oberhofen Castle will be closed during that time.

Any advice, any other place, which I can cover on same day along with my Mountain excursion from Interlaken OST to Schilthorn.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2018 at 6:27:29 #881513

Hi Bijaya,

You could still do a boat trip on lake Thun. Have a look at this page http://www.myswissalps.com/in terlaken/activities for more activities.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2018 at 17:20:21 #881514

Hi Lucas,

As you have mentioned that for Jungfraujoch, it is free from Interlaken to Grindelwald or Wengen and then the ticket further on is 25% off.

So, how to buy the ticket which will cover remaining 75%.

Any recommended online sites.

Also, please let me know is it possible to buy on same journey date. In that case whether the cost will remain fixed or it will vary.

Shall I get the ticket from Interlaken OST railway station.

Similarly, as both Mt. Pilatus (from Alpnachstad or Kriens) & Mt. Titlis (from Engelberg) are 50% off (travel from Luzern to those towns are free).

Please recommend, how to buy the ticket which will cover remaining 75%. In that case also please give me your feedback whether the cost will remain fixed or it will vary for cable car.

Best Regards,

Bijaya

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2018 at 19:18:12 #881515

Hi Bijaya,

You can buy tickets for Jungfraujoch here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/packages. You can buy them on your journey date as well. I would actually recommend to do that so you can see what the weather is like. The price will be the same. You can get them at the Interlaken train station.

I would buy the tickets for Mt. Pilatus and Mt. Titlis as well on the day of your trip. Click on the links for more information.

When you buy tickets you will select that you’re traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Whether you buy tickets in advance or not, the price will be the same.

• The thread ‘How to travel with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.