How to use my Swiss Half Fare Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2018 at 2:12:43 #815239

I am trying to create an account to order train tickets from Milan to Lauterbrunnen and use my Swiss Half Fare Card, but it asks for a 10 digit number. On the printout in the upper right hand corner is OT and a 12 digit number. There is also a 9 digit order number on the lower left. Where do I find the right number, or is there something else I am missing? Any other information I may need?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    10 April 2018 at 3:26:28 #881789

What website are you using? It shouldn’t be asking you for any numbers.

If you buy a ticket from SBB (goo.gl/PXbqWw) you don’t even need to have already bought the Swiss Half Fare Card in order to buy a half-fare ticket.

The only purpose of the SHFC is to prove to the inspector on the train that you are eligible to use a half fare ticket.

Maybe it is asking you for your Swiss Pass number. That’s a domestic Swiss thing which means you have probably taken a wrong turn somewhere. Have you already set up an SBB account?

• The thread ‘How to use my Swiss Half Fare Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.