How to use my Swiss Half Fare Card

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
cinamocat
cinamocat
5 posts
Apr 10, 2018 - 2:12 AM

I am trying to create an account to order train tickets from Milan to Lauterbrunnen and use my Swiss Half Fare Card, but it asks for a 10 digit number. On the printout in the upper right hand corner is OT and a 12 digit number. There is also a 9 digit order number on the lower left. Where do I find the right number, or is there something else I am missing? Any other information I may need?

rockoyster
rockoyster
4582 posts
expert
Apr 10, 2018 - 3:26 AM in reply to cinamocat

What website are you using? It shouldn't be asking you for any numbers.

If you buy a ticket from SBB (goo.gl/PXbqWw) you don't even need to have already bought the Swiss Half Fare Card in order to buy a half-fare ticket.

The only purpose of the SHFC is to prove to the inspector on the train that you are eligible to use a half fare ticket.

Maybe it is asking you for your Swiss Pass number. That's a domestic Swiss thing which means you have probably taken a wrong turn somewhere. Have you already set up an SBB account?

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019