How to use my Swiss Half Fare Card

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
cinamocat
cinamocat
5 posts
Apr 10, 2018 - 2:12 AM

I am trying to create an account to order train tickets from Milan to Lauterbrunnen and use my Swiss Half Fare Card, but it asks for a 10 digit number. On the printout in the upper right hand corner is OT and a 12 digit number. There is also a 9 digit order number on the lower left. Where do I find the right number, or is there something else I am missing? Any other information I may need?

rockoyster
rockoyster
4012 posts
expert
Apr 10, 2018 - 3:26 AM in reply to cinamocat

What website are you using? It shouldn't be asking you for any numbers.

If you buy a ticket from SBB (goo.gl/PXbqWw) you don't even need to have already bought the Swiss Half Fare Card in order to buy a half-fare ticket.

The only purpose of the SHFC is to prove to the inspector on the train that you are eligible to use a half fare ticket.

Maybe it is asking you for your Swiss Pass number. That's a domestic Swiss thing which means you have probably taken a wrong turn somewhere. Have you already set up an SBB account?

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018