How to use Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Arvindkchauh
Arvindkchauh
1 post
May 15, 2018 - 9:57 AM

Hi,

We in a group of 7 planning 8N trip to Switzerland during 1-9th September 2018. Lugano will be point of entry from Venice, Italy and stay there overnight for next day train ride to Zermatt. We plan to buy 8days Swiss travel Pass.

We understand, Swiss travel pass give access to trains, buses and boats. Scenic trains like gracier Express require separate seat reservation, do I have right understanding.

From Lugano, we plan to catch Glacier Express at Andermatt to Zermatt. Can we get reservation in Glacier Express for partial route i.e. Andermat to Zermatt or reservation is possible only for full route i.e. St Moritz to Zermatt. Please advice best possible way to catch scenic train/s from Lugano to Zermatt.

Regards, Arvind

rockoyster
rockoyster
3397 posts
expert
May 15, 2018 - 10:14 AM in reply to Arvindkchauh

Hello Arvind and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

I think you have a good handle on how the Swiss Travel Pass works.

You can reserve seats from Andermatt to Zermatt on the Glacier Express. Check out shop.glacierexpress.ch.

From Lugano the scenic route you need is to Andermatt via Göschenen. Check the SBB Timetable (www.myswissalps.com/ti metable).

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018