Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Hut to hut via ferrata in the Swiss Alps

Hut to hut via ferrata in the Swiss Alps

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
kgdg
kgdg
4 posts
Jun 4, 2020 - 10:46 AM

Hello,

I'm looking for a mulitple day hut to hut tour with klettersteigs in the Swiss Alps. Doesn't matter where in Switzerland, I've done multiple ones in the Dolomites and Austria already and I want to do one in Switzerland with 3 family members, we are very experienced in klettersteigs/via ferrata.

Thanks in advance,

~Kjell

Ildiko
Ildiko
978 posts
top member &
Jun 4, 2020 - 12:37 PM in reply to kgdg

Hi Kjell and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I haven't tried it, but I know that the Daubenhorn via ferrata near Leukerbad is the longest, difficult one: www.viaferrata-leukerbad.ch/ (Only in German).

You can search for routes here: www.outdooractive.com/en/via-ferratas/switzerland/via-ferratas-in-switzerland/1443353/.

And I also recommend you this previous thread: www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/hiking-and-via-ferrata-in-the-swiss-alps.

I hope this helps you to start planning,

Ildiko

kgdg
kgdg
4 posts
Jun 4, 2020 - 4:56 PM in reply to Ildiko

Hello,

Yes I know that is the longest and I have a klettersteigführer for the whole country. But I'm really looking for 2+ days tours with klettersteigs, so that I do a klettersteig and sleep in a hut in the area and do another klettersteig the next day. Maybe there are not such tours in Switzerland but I can try asking :) Thanks anyway!

~Kjell

Anna
Anna
846 posts
top member &
Jun 5, 2020 - 7:37 AM in reply to kgdg

Hi Kjell,

Unfortunately I have no experience in via ferrata tours so can't recommend a tour company in Switzerland that does this. But if you are interested in planning your own hut-to-hut via ferrata adventure, the Swiss Alpine Club portal would be a good starting point. It has plenty of resources regarding trails and routes and you can even book your mountain huts online: www.sac-cas.ch/en/huts-and-tours/sac-route-portal/

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Anna

SummitClym
SummitClym
31 posts
Jun 6, 2020 - 3:54 AM

Hello,

Try contacting this friend, she has a much experience in CH klettersteig.

Brittany Haas at alpenventuresunguided.com

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020