Overnight hiking near Lauterbrunnen early June

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2018 at 22:15:04 #815550

My husband and I are planning to spend three nights in the Berner Oberland, arriving the morning of June 7th and leaving the morning of June 10. We love hiking and are interested in spending the first two days hiking to mountain hotels or huts.

Reading the forums has been really helpful, and I realize that there might still be significant snow at this time of year or bad weather – if we find places that are below 2000m., will that be generally safe to assume that they would likely be reachable if the weather is currently ok? I have only found a couple that are that low, though most of them generally seem to open for the season June 1.

We are looking in the general area around Lauterbrunnen, Murren or Wengen.

We are also interested in farm stays or sleeping in the straw for our last night in the area – it sounds really fun (we like camping) but would we freeze doing that in June in the Lauterbrunnen area?

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2018 at 7:40:18 #883341

Hi AR and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The best way to find out about huts is to look at Swiss Alpine Club's website.
    Generally trails under 2000 meters should be fine by early June but we did get a lot of snow with winter. Best to contact the huts directly to inquire about reservations and conditions.

Most of the hiking trails we list for the Jungfrau region are day hikes only but you can read through the list here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/jungfrauregion/a ctivities & read through our hiking page as well: https://www.myswissalp s.com/hiking

Also, there have been a fair number of questions and answers about multi-day hikes on our forums before so you’ll find some good information using our forum search box as well (top right). Hut to hut is a good search term to start with and should give you a nice number or results to get you started. 🙂

• The thread ‘Overnight hiking near Lauterbrunnen early June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.