How best to travel in Switzerland?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
rtheel69
rtheel69
2 posts
Jan 5, 2018 - 1:30 PM

Hey, Guys what you think about travel in Switzerland with rail or personal vehicle or my favorite one biking ???

Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
Jan 5, 2018 - 2:13 PM in reply to rtheel69

Hi rtheel69 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I can't comment on cycling in Switzerland as I haven't done it. It is a very mountainous country so it would really depend on your fitness level and how much time you have (and where you want to go).

As for using the trains vs. a car we recommend traveling by train - read our web page on traveling by car vs. train here. The public transit system is extremely good in Switzerland and it can take you to many places a car can not (IE you will still have to use trains or cable cars if you have an interest in going into the Alps etc.). The main advantage to a car is that you can stop whenever you like if you want to take pictures for example.

rtheel69
rtheel69
2 posts
Jan 5, 2018 - 7:12 PM

In mountaining i would like to go with bike so what you say about it bcz i want to know how much safe it is for solo rider over that

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
5564 posts
expert
Jan 5, 2018 - 11:13 PM in reply to rtheel69

Hi rtheel69-

<<"In mountaining i would like to go with bike so what you say about it bcz i want to know how much safe it is for solo rider over that">>

I don't understand your question.

What kind of safety concerns you? Weather? Road quality? Highway robbers? Falling off your bike at 70 km per hour on a major downhill run? Dealing with luggage? ;-)

Slowpoke

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019