How best to travel in Switzerland?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 January 2018 at 13:30:41 #813946

Hey, Guys what you think about travel in Switzerland with rail or personal vehicle or my favorite one biking ???

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 January 2018 at 14:13:32 #873639

Hi rtheel69 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I can’t comment on cycling in Switzerland as I haven’t done it. It is a very mountainous country so it would really depend on your fitness level and how much time you have (and where you want to go).

As for using the trains vs. a car we recommend traveling by train – read our web page on traveling by car vs. train here. The public transit system is extremely good in Switzerland and it can take you to many places a car can not (IE you will still have to use trains or cable cars if you have an interest in going into the Alps etc.). The main advantage to a car is that you can stop whenever you like if you want to take pictures for example.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 January 2018 at 19:12:37 #873640

In mountaining i would like to go with bike so what you say about it bcz i want to know how much safe it is for solo rider over that

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    5 January 2018 at 23:13:28 #873641

Hi rtheel69-

<<“In mountaining i would like to go with bike so what you say about it bcz i want to know how much safe it is for solo rider over that”>>

I don’t understand your question.

What kind of safety concerns you? Weather? Road quality? Highway robbers? Falling off your bike at 70 km per hour on a major downhill run? Dealing with luggage? 😉

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘How best to travel in Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.