Day trip Ibis Zurich Airport to Titlis&Stanserhorn

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 January 2019 at 6:23:25 #819710

Hi,

I would be staying for 2 Nights in Zurich. I plan to stay at Ibis Budget Airport (getting a good price ) and would like to cover Titlis and Stanserhorn on the same day. I am ready to leave really early in the morning ( 6.30 am ). Would be leaving next day bus to Germany. Any advise/suggestions ?

Also, I could see 2 hotels on Booking.com – Homestay Zurich City and Homestay Zurich Center but I do not see much reviews about the same. Can anyone has any idea about them ? We are group of 6 people.

Thanks and Regards

Vivek

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    31 January 2019 at 11:55:37 #903251

Hi Vivek,

That’s a quite a lot for one day! But it can be done I guess. Be sure to prepare your travel schedule in advance: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.

As for the other two hotels: this seems similar to Airbnb, am I right? I don’t know them myself. I found this link where you can compare prices for one of them: https://www.hotelscomb ined.com/Hotel/Homesta y_Zurich_center.htm.

This might be useful if you’re still looking for alternatives: http://www.myswissalps.com/zu rich/hotels.

bbeerbower
    Participant
    6 posts
    3 February 2019 at 16:26:52 #903252

Hi, have stayed @ Zurich Ibis Budget.(family of 3 adults & 2 children) It has easy access to & from Airport via bus (2-3 stops) probably 5 min to & from airport.

if you have not stayed @ ibis budget note that the rooms are tiny with little luggage space I travel with (1) carry on and back pack but if I had several large suitcases it would be hard to find a place to store them. the toilet and shower are separate small rooms so no room to change clothes after shower or to dry off so there is little privacy as you have to step out into main room to dry off. the rooms with a bunk bed has (1) queen ? bed with a single bunk across top and the bunk is accessed by a ladder with little head room. good for children but might not be what you want for adult especially if this is an older group.

I am 67 and thought the bunk was too hard to access. Otherwise the location was very good, free continental breakfast was good and easy access to airport @ good price.

• The thread ‘Day trip Ibis Zurich Airport to Titlis&Stanserhorn’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.