ID requirements with Swiss Half Fare & Family Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 August 2019 at 8:20:50 #823418

Hi,

I have booked tickets with half fare swiss cards and have Family cards fro my children. Do I need to keep proof of ID with me while travelling. We can carry mine and my husband’s driving licences but don’t want to be carrying the passports for all of us all the time. I can however keep copies of passports with me if that’s of any use.

Thanks

Nadia

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    16 August 2019 at 13:51:01 #920155

Hi Nadia!

Yes, you’re required to carry along the ID that matches the number on your Swiss Half Fare Cards and Swiss Family Card. Officially, copies are not allowed. Although some train conductors may think a copy is good enough, others (and other authority representatives) may not. So you should bring along your actual passports: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard/howtou se.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 August 2019 at 8:39:16 #920156

Thanks Annika 🙂

• The thread ‘ID requirements with Swiss Half Fare & Family Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.