Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Available Swiss attractions in Nov from Milan

Available Swiss attractions in Nov from Milan

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
patriciaevel
patriciaevel
2 posts
Oct 21, 2019 - 10:20 PM

Hi, I'm from Buenos Aires and I'm travelling to Italy and to Austria to see the Alps.

Sadly, since I'm travelling from 8 to 18 November everything I ever wanted to do is closed for maintenance.

While in Milan, I want to take the Bernina Express to see the Alps but is closed during that date.

While in Innsbruck I want to take the Nordkette cable car, but it's closed. It reopens the day after I go back home.

While in Trento I want to take the cable car Trento to Sardagna but is not operating due to maintenance.

So, my last chance is using the one day I have in Milan to take a train to ANYWHERE in Switzerland in order to finally try to take a cable car there.

I was thinking maybe to Lugano?

I hope you can tell me which options do I have to see the Alps. I'm not going to be travelling by car, so trains and buses are my best option.

Many many thanks, I'm very sad, I hope you can help me. ♥

1960man
1960man
2332 posts
top member
Oct 21, 2019 - 11:33 PM

The Bernina railway is not closed.

You should be able to travel as follows in one day:

Milano - Tirano (Trenord train)

Tirano - St Moritz - Tirano (Bernina Railway)

Tirano - Milano (Trenord train)

If you specifically want to sample a cable car ride, stop at Bernina Diavolezza and go up to the summit of Diavolezza instead of going through to St Moritz (although you would miss the opportunity to see the latter famous town)

Here is the PDF for the Bernina Railway - showing connections to and from Milano

www.fahrplanfelder.ch/ fileadmin/fap_pdf_fiel ds/2019/950.pdf

Annika
Annika
6110 posts
expert &
Oct 22, 2019 - 7:57 AM in reply to patriciaevel

Hi patriciaevel! Try not to feel too sad. November is low season indeed, but you can still make very nice trips (https://www.myswissalp s.com/besttimetovisit). The Bernina Express alternatives have already been discussed in your previous thread: www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/an-alternative-to-bernina-express. So you can still reach St. Moritz (www.myswissalps.com/st moritz) and visit the nearby mountain top Diavolezza (open until November 22).

Alternatives from Milan are:

I hope this gets you started. Please consult www.myswissalps.com/ti metable and www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy as well. Alternatively, a Eurail Global Pass may be worth your consideration, since you're planning to visit several European countries: www.myswissalps.com/eu railglobalpass.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019