In Switzerland for a month

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 January 2012 at 5:18:45 #804851

Hi,

I will be in Lausanne for 30 days with my wife.

I have following trips in my itinerary:
    – 5-8 weekday trips from Lausanne to Geneva (same day return).
    – 1-2 trips to Berne or Lucern (same day return).
    – 3 Days trip to Zurich/Alps/Interlaken.
    – 3 Days trip to Italy (Milan, Florence and Rome)
    – Weekend trip to Paris.

I cannot book tickets in much advance, so cannot look for air travel like EasyJet, as weekend tickets are very costly.

Please suggest the cheapest pass or combination of passes I shall take.

Thanks in Advance
    Ashish

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    22 January 2012 at 6:54:56 #834670

Hello AshishChd, and welcome! If you like the comfort of free traveling on each day of your stay, your best option would be the 1 month Swiss (Saver) Pass, allowing you to get on and off board whenever and wherever you like.

If you don’t mind buying discounted tickets for your trips, I suggest that you look into the Swiss (Saver) Flexi Pass. You can use a number of (non-consecutive) free travel days for your longest and most expensive trips, and profit from a 50% discount on all days between your first and last free travel day.

If you have an exact list of your plans, you can calculate which pass is most economical.

Does that help you out? Best regards,

• The thread ‘In Switzerland for a month’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.